Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***This is a re-write of my previous thread***

I’ve owned it a little over two years and I’ve enjoyed every day. Picked it up out of Kirkland, WA for 1,200 at 141k miles after my 2002 Corolla was totaled in a rollover accident on I-5.

Unfortunately it wasn’t taken care of very well by the previous owners. Pads and rotors were shot, the thermostat wouldn’t open, needed a new battery, new oil pan, a tune up, injectors, blower motor, and relay. Oil and power steering leaks were everywhere.

After fixing all of that I replaced the front suspension at 180k miles and dropped in a JDM DE with only 50k on it at 202k miles (rod knock). It was a learning experience for sure but I pulled it off thanks to the collective knowledge of the people here on the forums and the FSM.

Along the way I gutted the stock audio system and installed my own. Started by replacing the alternator with a high output 160 amp version and upgraded the big three to four gauge wire with 200 amp breaker running from the alt to the battery. I replaced the door speakers with 6.5 inch alpines and the rear deck with some kickers. Built a rack and mounted both amps behind the back seat and reverse mounted everything with security bits. Finally installed a 10 inch sub in the trunk and converted to a double din head unit. Right now she sits on some old 17x7 focal (don’t know what model) wheels at a +40 offset with some 205/40 Nitto Neogen tires. Can’t say I’m a fan of the chrome but hey they were free and the stock wheels leaked air.

As of right now plans are to do a six speed swap because fifth gear pop out. After that it’s on to body work with a front end swap to a p11 Camino (keeping with the AL0 paint code of course). Next is putting on coil overs and potentially different wheels, maybe a set of Works. Finally, install a T25 turbo along with the necessary supporting mods.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Photos from the engine swap. Decided to do some cleaning while everything was out. It was caked on the right side. Took me half an hour to get everything cleaned off.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here’s a couple photos of how she sits right now. You’ll notice a club banner on the windshield. They hold meets every Friday in Tacoma, WA.
You can find them on Facebook and i.g. @kqcarclub

You can also follow me on i.g. @freedom_switch

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts