Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
41 - 60 of 1,762 Posts
my p10 will b so awesome that i can say it has front struts...

the cage is so awesome that colin approves.. thats high praise. enough high praise that i paid him $250 to use my sparco evo 3 seat for 16months
LOL!! I'm sure the project will kick ass! It already has my :thumbsup: and it's not even close to being finished yet! :)

Any chance that when you finish the P10 project, you'll take it on a rode trip and visit AZ? ;)

Discussion starter · #43 ·
ok, so here are a few more pics with current progress. As you can see, I still have a lot to go. The cage as pictured is all welded together and mostly welded into the car. I hope to get the rest of this done this week and weekend coming up.

there are a few things I would do differently if I were going to actually race the car instead of being a "street car"

Discussion starter · #46 ·
very very!

I think it looks great. Good job. I can't wait to see it when it's finally all done.
Me too. Its come a long way dissasembling, then sitting, then thinking and so on. Now that i'm actually to this point of building the cage, it is for sure taking forever but I know it will be well worth it!

Discussion starter · #52 ·
I would not even try to duplicate what I am doing to my car for $5,000. doing a "simple" 6pt is not that easy either. I could technically measure up my cage and make another one similar to it but it will need work to get it to fit. It would still probably be atleast $1000 just for the tubes bent, main hoop, a pillar bars, harness bar and rear strut bars. I would even have to think about that one too.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Well, I got more work done last night. started forming the rear shock tower plates, grinding and sanding back there, as well as stich welding in those parts of the car, just a little added strength.

I am not sure how much work I will get done today. I hope just to get that shock mount done if possible on the drivers side to match the pass side now.

once those are done, then I have 3 more plates to make before adding more tubing

Discussion starter · #56 ·
19 bars in, 21 to go... i have 13 more before I can actually start trying to fit the dash or seats though... then on top of the 21 more, there are 4 more bars I am thinking about doing....

Discussion starter · #58 ·
If you carefully notice that the inside floor of the car is shiny, that is because I wire wheel'd the entire car removing any and all crap from the car that paint will not adhere to. It looks totally different now. that part only took about 3-4 hours

The cage reminds me a bit of the Australian V8 racers

Discussion starter · #60 ·
The cage reminds me a bit of the Australian V8 racers
My cage will be better than those cars:)

I need to find 2 successive days in a row I can work somewhat non stop on the car so I can tig the current part of the cage together, as well as finish what I can. I also need to get my seats so I can get all that figured out as well.

41 - 60 of 1,762 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.