Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

Project Snickers: (56K Grab a snickers)

187K views 2K replies 95 participants last post by  ENO 
#1 · (Edited)
So, more to update as of 8/11/13...
Plenty of progress and pics on the last few pages. but for those of you that just want to look through my Photobucket album because you are lazy and too lazy to read the thread... here

http://s21.photobucket.com/user/gt20ir/library/

now if you ask me a question and the answer is in this thread, i will tell you to RTFT...or GFO =)

[snickers]

UPDATE

-3/5/11-
Just updating some stuff here as it is easier to keep together...
Here is the current status of the car...

Currently the back half of the cage is finished,
Air jacks are mounted,
the VQ35HR is on hold for a bit as i dont have the funds to finish it currently,
Will be doing a SR20DE or SR23DE temp to get it going :)

Hope to be finishing the cage work this month....(3/11)

not sure what else to post up here, maybe i will link to other pics and pages later on...

So almost 2 years ago I tore my P10 apart to make it awesome.... I didnt think it would take this long to get it back together but atleast its going somewhere.
I will narrate more later about the car but here are a few pics of the car and the cage that I've started.

See less See more
#7 ·
So After another few hours spent on the car tonight I have come to the conclusion that I will have the most amazing P10 Cage evar! I changed a few slight things on the design and found a few better ways to get it done. I got the holes cut ( plasma cut) through the firewall for the A pillar dash bars to connect to the front struts, then I have to find out how to run the front cross bars.

Anyways, I have probably another 5-10hrs of grinding/ prep work to do before I can get back to welding the cage together. the front cage is just tacked together but not welded in the car yet.

I have also figued out exactly how I am going to mount the front air jacks but I'm still unsure on the rear. I have thought about running just one rear one because the back of the car being lighter. I dont want the back to go popping off the ground :)

I do have to remake the front seat brackets but I need a seat to put in the car before I can get to that.

Anyways, I'm just happy I'm back to working on snickers and making progress!

#39 ·
..... I got the holes cut ( plasma cut) through the firewall for the A pillar dash bars to connect to the front struts, then I have to find out how to run the front cross bars.
WOW!! This WILL be a crazy project!!

You're even going to have struts in the front of your P10 (I've never seen struts on the front of a P10!!) ;)

Subscribed..

#9 ·
Things I have to do before I finish welding the cage in.

-Cut/mount wiper arm pivot.
-remove remaining sound deadening
-remove spare tire well
-remove seat brackets
-sand unpainted interior
-check dash fitment
-modify dash bar
-weld rear window lower support
-fab/weld rear strut plates
-weld rear mid support plate

I'm sure there is more I have to do but thats all I can think of right now.

#16 ·
Most of the P10 parts I am selling are actually not off this car. I took this car apart back in 2007 and sold/ got rid of the parts I didnt want back then. the P10 sale thread is other stuff and the last P10 I parted out.

Good luck with the project can't wait to see how this turns out.
hehehe... most people have no idea of what is going on with this car :cool:

Looks like I may be able to do some more work on it this weekend

#15 ·
Subscribing.

#17 ·
i figured they weren't from this car but i think you mentioned in the p10 parts thread something about getting your other car together...i presume this soon to be monster is it.

definitely looking forward to seeing your plans unfold.

are you planning to race in any specific classes or are you going for the fastest, most badass g20 the world has ever seen?

#21 ·
I am doing something different. I have bars attaching to the front a pillar dash bars that go through the firewall to the upper strut mounts and attach to the top part of the upper control arms. Then I have Diagonal bars going from the struts to the dash bar.

#23 ·
Yeah. I have been doing a lot of research checking out what other people have done, and seeing what I can fit in this car and make awesome. I had about 150hrs into building my quad, so i'm sure I will easily have 80hrs into just the cage on my car...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.