Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the ps pump on the P10 is on it's way. No issues steering or even any leaks that I can see but it makes a constant whining, it goes away after about 30 mins of driving, I guess thats after it's good and warmed up but I'd be willing to bet that the times coming. So, that being said is there any tips to the installation? I'm sure it's not to difficult but you know how it is, why figure something out when I'm under the car with a mouthfull of PS fluid cursing her car so I'm askin!!! Also, any recos on where to get one at a decent price. It seems that they are pretty proud of em at about $150 a shot. I dont know if I should take the chance and get one used. :shifty: TIA, D

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Of course. I even smelled it to see if it seemed burnt but it didnt.

·
Registered
107 Posts
does not have to whine, its the pump that unable suck up fluid. Mine is on its last leg. figure to to junkyard and snatch one.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip Carlos. :thumbsup:
Looks like another thing on the list for the daughters P10.
I swear, it's like I'm on Pimp my ride!!! :p

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
no one has mentioned it here yet, but how new/old are the belts and how's the tension on them?

If they are somewhat old you can pick up a can of belt dressing and drench the belts. If the sound goes away (even briefly) probably just time for new belts. Belts are pretty cheap and good to do...

I think checking the belts and replacing the fluid would be a good place to start! Just make sure you put the right fluid in. I don't know what it is on a P10 but I imagine it's ATF like the P11's. I normally suck the fluid out of the reservoir, pour in new fluid, turn car on, turn wheel back and forth 7-10 times. And the repeat until the fluid comes out clean.

Maybe you already checked this or it was in another thread I missed, just through I'd offer it as an idea.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you use to suck out the fluid? Just curious. I'm pretty sure it's ATF & I will get a can of belt dressing today, I gotta go to the napa anyway to get an 02 sensor socket.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
/\/\
I have used a turkey baster in the past. Obvisouly a brand new clean one....if you can find one that fits in the hole.

But then I also now have a plastic syringe (medical supply shop) with a plastic tube (home depot) on the end of it and I use that to draw the fluid out...I know you can disconnect one of the hoses at the bottom of the PS pump, but I've never done that, I think it'll make a mess. If you repeat the suck and fill process it will eventually get pretty clean (usually 3 times for me but I guess it all depends how dirty it is).

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I used my mouth on the last fluid change ......... Not recomended :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts