Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a hurry to get this installed because I have a show comin up so I wanna have my PS2 intalled. I hooked the normal PS2 wires to the radio where the RCAs are and then pluged it in to the inverter and I am getting interference like white lines in the screen. I tried ground and everything... any ideas?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Inverters are VERY bad ...for starters try grabbing a 100ft extension cord and plug the PS2 into your house electricity. Then totally disconnect the inverter from everything - pos, grnd, everything. Did the interference go away?

If it didn't then probably a minor problem like your RCA video/audio cable from the ps2 are crappy. Did you extend them? or use couplers?

If it did go away then make sure that the inverter's power and ground are isolated from the audio system. Also don't mount the thing anywhere near the Pioneer's hideaway module (it does have one right?).

Just some suggestions - good luck. I was looking into putting a console system in my car with a tv - but my passengers aren't that important ;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rmjjensen said:
Inverters are VERY bad ...for starters try grabbing a 100ft extension cord and plug the PS2 into your house electricity. Then totally disconnect the inverter from everything - pos, grnd, everything. Did the interference go away?

If it didn't then probably a minor problem like your RCA video/audio cable from the ps2 are crappy. Did you extend them? or use couplers?

If it did go away then make sure that the inverter's power and ground are isolated from the audio system. Also don't mount the thing anywhere near the Pioneer's hideaway module (it does have one right?).

Just some suggestions - good luck. I was looking into putting a console system in my car with a tv - but my passengers aren't that important ;)
I pluged it in to the house already and it didnt have the interference and then I pluged the inverter into the battery AND the cigarette lighter. What do you mean it is the RCA cables? I am using the normal PS2 wires that came with the PS2 and hooking them str8 to the radio. this radio doesnt have a hideaway brain it is the new pioneer that came out that doest have a brain.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Go to a speciality automotive place and show them what your problem is. I can't physically see how you hooked up to the inverter but it's just like preouts-amp wires - as far away from each other as possible.

I strongly recommend trying the site that shows how to run the PS2 on regular 12V voltage. Also try www.the12volt.com forum.

Good luck again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts