Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To put a long story short, I was in the market for a 99 P11T transmission and had no success finding any locally. This store was one of first that I saw when I searched google, but it had a ton of BBB complains and the google reviews didn't make me feel confident. A lot of the reviews were that they charged the card, but the parts weren't in stock. So rather than tying up 1k (current selling price at this moment) I decided to call them. Well, when I spoke to the rep he stated that the transmission was in stock at currently $1,700! I pointed out that the transmission was available on their website for $990. He confirmed that price was what they currently showed on their website, but sounded dumbfounded...anyways, I asked if the price is still going to be $990 when I purchase in a day or 2 and he told me that it would be. I didn't believe him, so I checked about 10 minutes later and the price jumped from $990 to $1700!!!! I called back and he told me that the price changes automatically depending on how many people are viewing the transmissions, which I believe is a complete lie! Well, I told him that I can just use the non lsd version that they have since that one is priced at $940, but lo and behold about 10 minutes later I decide to check again and the price went from $940 to $1200.

I ended up finding a direct replacement on car-part.com from a junkyard for $525 shipped, so in a way I'm glad that their prices changed because it saved me a lot of money. I just wanted to let others know my experience with this shop.

·
Registered
13,162 Posts
This is not new and several junkyards do this sort of thing all the time. When I needed a 5spd transmission, 1 shop had a price online of $550, but when I called to inquire about it, got quoted $750 and I said I had their website page open as I was talking to him and it said $550. That guy had the audacity to tell me to press refresh and sure enough, the price jumped $200. I found and bought elsewhere but out of morbid curiosity I checked again and suddenly that price jumped to $950 (so $200 price jump once then again within 24 hours -- $400 price increase in 2 days).. obviously I'll never call or deal with that junk yard again. The guy I talked to was a complete asshole too saying how they charged $150 for a core and if I brought them a core without the same stuff on it, they would be removing it from the transmission they sell me before I take it and demanded I bring the core at time of purchase.. yeah, it was that bad

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The funny thing is that I was ready to pay $900 for the tranny because I couldn't find it anywhere. The rep told me that the only reason the price is so high is because there are only 2 in the country. Had he not changed the price to $1700 I would've bought it within a few hours, but since he increased the price so high I decided to look somewhere else. I remembered car-part.com and there were several listed for around $300+ shipping and one of those was only 4 hours away. I decided to go with one in NC though because the mileage that they had listed was 129k and that's pretty low mileage for a 99.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts