Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The Q45 is always automatic in the United States. The G50 series (91-96 as you're asking) is the Nissan President in Japan, a baller luxury car that is almost always automatic, cuz it's usually driven by a limo driver anyways. Is there a 5 speed? Yeah, a 6 speed too. Thinking of importing it? Well, it'll cost you an arm, leg, kidney, and your first born child. Not only that, but if you're lookin to make a performance beast out of the Q45, it's not gonna happen. The car's too heavy, too long, blah blah blah.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What about VIP tuning???:p

Nissan Presidents are VERY popular in that field of Japanese vehicular culture...albeit, Presidents with 2 foot whale-tails, 20-inch wheels, outrageous bodykits and the such...too heavy/long is a wonderful thing apparently!

I remember seeing a Prez with a 4 foot fibreglass wing, on chrome 20s, about a quarter inch off the ground--I've never laughed my ass off so much, even if it was turbocharged 'n stuff:lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
you would be surprised if you got your hands on a well mantained Q45"a" it corners on par with a stock G20t and has a top end that will walk away from police interceptors and c5 vettes , first gen Q45s are nothing to joke about . next time you blast onto a entrance ramp tires squeeling imagine a Q45 breathing down your back . there are blower kits avalible for them too . ive heard of at least 3 170mph+ Q45s . still scares me to think of a 4500 lb car doing this kinda stuff but with 280 hp and active suspension ("A" models only) i guess its not a prob . as for the tranny the slushbox it came with it is the same unit as a 300zxtt with a few minor changes so i imagine you could modify a 300zxtt trannny to fit but it would throw ratios and other stuff off plus decent good conditon 1gen q45s are hard to find ....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hmm I guess. I still like to look at the Q45 as a hella nice baller call to roll up in if you don't like Cadillacs or other domestic limo-type cars. I suppose you can do things to the Q45 just as you can to the G20, but in my opinion: G20 = nice car that's too "sporty" (for lack of a better word, although it's still underpowered...) to be a true luxury car and Q45 = luxury car that's too luxury to be sporty.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The Q

I seen a Q45"a" a few weeks ago only one I have ever seen in Vegas, I was wondering what the hell the "a" meant, sounds like a nice ride..

I have always liked the Q45 my Mom has had 2wo and my Grandpa has a $84,000 Q45 that will make you cry, I like the Q45 alot, ecspecially when you go like 110 and you cant hear or fell anything...Sweeeeeeeeeet

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The Q45 is a great car, don't get me wrong (in fact I recently read an article where it was rated higher than the Lexus GS430, top of the line in its class) but it just isn't selling well. I think that'll turn around within the next year or so though, as cars like the G35 and I35 bring Infiniti's name up. With a car as great as the Q45, it'll sell itself.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the Q looks sweet ive seen one with rims s#$t this car would probably suit me beter than a G no disrespect:*( didnt stillen make stuff for this car?

·
Registered
222 Posts
yup they do . if you wanty to know about the q45 cruise over here and read thru the posts
http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.com
only 3 g20 guys over here so we need more representaion anyway.... but if its q45 you want they got it

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Imagine the 2K2 Q with a six-speed.....OMG!!:lick:
(Then Infiniti wouldn't need to sell the ugly M45.:-\ )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts