Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anybody curious if another nissan/infiniti steering wheel will work with the G20, here it is.

I have always wanted to replace my stock steering wheel as the leather was chipped & peeling when I bought the car. I was using one of the el cheapo steering wheel cover from autozone. Well after finally finding a used 2001 Q45 steering wheel with airbag from ebay, I decided it was time to bring the G20 interior to another level.

The Q45 steering wheel has real wood trim insert, stereo controls (which I don't have any use for at this time and doubt that it will work) & a chrome logo. The wheel diameter is also the same as the stock G20 wheel.

Warning: This mod will require changing airbags. Please follow all precautions when handling the airbag. I am not responsible if somebody follows this mod and the airbag inflates. Always disconnect the battery when working with electrical components on the car.

·
Registered
526 Posts
are those gauges and backlighting stock? If thats a mod, wow im really impressed, that looks amazing. Seriously your g20 looks like it came out of the year 2005, everything, the navi, the beautiful gauges and the black wood/leather q45 steering wheel... you should build car interiors

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
very sexy, very classy, very oem, very clean. i can go on ... hehe

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oneloudG20 said:
sweet!! will it work on a P10? do any Q's have brown or tannish steering wheels?
I don't see any reason why it would not work with a P10. Not familiar with the Q's, kinda bid on the first one I found that came with an airbag.
Mr. Clean said:
are those gauges and backlighting stock? If thats a mod, wow im really impressed, that looks amazing. Seriously your g20 looks like it came out of the year 2005, everything, the navi, the beautiful gauges and the black wood/leather q45 steering wheel... you should build car interiors
Thanks. The gauges are diy. Ebay indiglo sheets and transfer lettering.
Mautai916 said:
Niice..... you know... i would really love it more if the woodgrain wasn't there, and it was just a black steering wheel with the chrome infiniti emblem.... that would rock~
You're probably still young. When you get old like me, woodgrain is the way to go, just like the ones in the luxury cars.

Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I like it, but I would paint the wood trim to match my dash (I hate wood). I'm not sure how long it would last through. I would love the steering wheel controls, I'm working on making a set now using a wireless remote and second cruise control switches, but I would rather have more options like the factory wheel. my steering wheel is just starting to get worn on the top now, so I'm glad you found this out. how much did it run you?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ericdd said:
I like it, but I would paint the wood trim to match my dash (I hate wood). I'm not sure how long it would last through. I would love the steering wheel controls, I'm working on making a set now using a wireless remote and second cruise control switches, but I would rather have more options like the factory wheel. my steering wheel is just starting to get worn on the top now, so I'm glad you found this out. how much did it run you?
This one cost $175 shipped, which I think is a good price considering it came with an airbag.

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
very nice norm.. btw crutchfield sells a thing that allows you to use the stereo buttons to control ur pioneer deck..
rush

1 - 20 of 55 Posts