Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
ZoliElo said:
Do you have a like to the thread on sr20forum? I have read about the same or similar on b15sentre and the vboard, but missed and cannot find the one on sr20forum.

It is in off topic. The most recent thread is about the available kit for the b15. B15.net has all the good info.

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
KwikyMAN said:
sorry to interrupt, but can anyone fill me in on the whole lsd deal? or link me to a thread that has some data on it? i keep hearing all these different stories. "you can't install an lsd on a car that has viscous already. you can't install an lsd period. lsd's costs $1,000+ dollars." i really don't know what i'm looking out for anymore. should i go for a trans that has a "locking" differential or a "non-locking" differential? and what kinda lsd do you guys recommend?
Im not 100% sure about the '00+ version, but I know that on the '99- trannies, if you want to convert a non-LSD to LSD you need to at least replace the bell housing and final gear, and of course add the LSD unit. Add up the price of all that and you are well above the difference between a LSD and non-LSD used (or even new probably) transmission.

If I were you, just hold out until you get the transmission you want. The only other thing you could do is slap a Phantom Grip into a non-LSD transmission. There's also the Nismo but that is big bucks and huge PITA to install.

- Greg -

·
North Star Fighter
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
MrFancypants said:
Im not 100% sure about the '00+ version, but I know that on the '99- trannies, if you want to convert a non-LSD to LSD you need to at least replace the bell housing and final gear, and of course add the LSD unit. Add up the price of all that and you are well above the difference between a LSD and non-LSD used (or even new probably) transmission.

If I were you, just hold out until you get the transmission you want. The only other thing you could do is slap a Phantom Grip into a non-LSD transmission. There's also the Nismo but that is big bucks and huge PITA to install.

- Greg -
interesting. well the trans i am going for is 00+ (yeah...after research i realize it's gonna be quite a bit of working making the hydraulic work and remounting the tranny mount. but charles says it's all absolutely worth it) and i guess i would be better off getting a "locking differential" transmission. but in case i do fall with a non-locking, can you give me a lead as to where to get the phantom grip? thanks for the help man, it's really appreciated.

-Ronny

·
Registered
212 Posts
phxg20 said:
Just go all out and get a vq35 and the six speed and drop it in. It has been done with B15's over on sr20forum.com I am sure the p11 is just as accepting to awesome v6 power as the b15 is.
yea i've seen that thread on that...lots of money and time but hey you get some kick ass low end tourqe...while your at it make sure you remove any form of power steering...that would be fun with all the weight on the front wheels

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 06 spec-v Sentra and was thinking of doing a sr20det swap and was planning on keeping my six speed tranny. I have heard it will bolt right up but want to know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20,842 Posts
You need to change to an SR20 bellhousing; they don't sell them anymore. You are probably stuck buying a p12 20v gearbox and maybe swapping ratios or housings to build what you want.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts