Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever heard of putting a QR25 into a p11? they have similar engine and tranny mounts and with a custom bellhousing i know you can run a SER spec v 6spd on an SR20.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
1. Why would you want a QR? The SR20 is a superior engine.
2. Engine management would be tough, considering the fact that the QR has a lot of differences such as coil-on-plug ignition instead of a distributor.

·
Registered
844 Posts
you could.....ive never heard of it.....but why would you want to??? if you want that kinda power get an sr20ve! the only qr i would even consider would be the new one for the new se-r. supposedly it is vastly improved and more powerful. 200hp and 180 ft/lb torque.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well first off have you ever driven a SE-R with a QR in it? its a got way more low end torque then an sr20 hands down. and do you know how much easier it is to find a qr25 then it is to find a sr20ve? also anyone who has an open mind to swaps would know that a good bit of power that the ve has over the qr is in the compression ratio (ve's are 12:1 qr's are 9.5:1) and a more aggresive factory tune since ve's are only in japan and the jap's are all about more power. so before anyone trys to tell me what a bad idea a qr swap would be think about the whole picture.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
G20t'99 said:
well first off have you ever driven a SE-R with a QR in it? its a got way more low end torque then an sr20 hands down. and do you know how much easier it is to find a qr25 then it is to find a sr20ve? also anyone who has an open mind to swaps would know that a good bit of power that the ve has over the qr is in the compression ratio (ve's are 12:1 qr's are 9.5:1) and a more aggresive factory tune since ve's are only in japan and the jap's are all about more power. so before anyone trys to tell me what a bad idea a qr swap would be think about the whole picture.
first thing wrong here is u want to replace a sr20de vs a qr then u compare a qr to a ve and how hard it is to source one?? come on now its not hard to source anything...u just gotta know where to find it man....

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
The QR's rev limit is rediculous, you will be hitting it in every gear, and yes, i owned a QR car, with the Variable Valve timing, just like the SE-R, it was in my altima, and while the torque was great, the rev limiter put a stop to all the fun. i was not happy. seriously, don't waste your time, just sell you car and buy one with a QR allready in it. don't bother wasting your money putting it in a G. the damn variable timming didn't even kick in until 5500 RPM and at 6500 rpm the engine said no thanks, and cut you off.

So, dont bother, why not just go VE, they are easy to find now and can be had for $1500, get an UCU for $500 and you are set.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
VEs are 12:1 CR? Either way high CR is not a bad thing unless you're going turbo, in which case it's tons easier to build an SR20DET or an SR20DE+T than a QR25DE+T.

Another item is engine management. On the 99s at least, it's incredibly easy to get robust engine management for an SR20 swap. On a QR, you're on your own because nobody has ever done it.

The VQ swap currently being discussed elsewhere on here is far more interesting to me. Only about 100 lbs heavier, with a ton more power. You are on your own there too when it comes to engine management, but the power boost is far more worth it (140 -> 240 hp vs. 140 -> 175 hp).

·
Registered
844 Posts
G20t'99 said:
ugh i think your forgetting the qr has a 1/2 liter displacement advantage........not to mention its proven to be a fairly unreliable engine in recent years. i think your asking the wrong crowd as most of us will tell you to just get a ve since there are few here who are fans of the qr.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
apoc987 said:
....not to mention its proven to be a fairly unreliable engine in recent years.
Engine fires FTL. :dead:

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Oh man, I'm sorry but that's just a sin to ditch your sr20 for a qr25.

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
My friend blew 3 motors in 2 years (QR's) on his Spec-V...granted he drove like a lunatic but still...

·
G20 OG
6,684 Posts
so what if the compression ratio is high? look at most honda's with similar displacement.. there compression is higher and they are reliable

as for the qr swap... custom mounts, axles motor trans etc.. add all that up and you think that you will be well over a $1200 ve swap... how hard is it to g on ebay and type in sr20ve... dozens of matches come up

so maybe its you who needs to do a bit more research

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
im pretty sure the VE is 10.3 to 1 compression ratio which is far from 12 to 1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts