Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

qr25de is pos

3K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  p10det 
#1 ·
like the title says guys. from day one i have noticed the worst 4 banger nissan has ever built. Basicly we are replaceing atlest one per week at my dealer wear i work. wether it be altima are sentra se-r. they have always consumed oil and blew the cats and tore them selves for distruction. i had mentioned this a while back ,but now the truth has come out more than ever all 06 altimas and sentra se-r's can no longer be sold due to they are shit but really. So fare their has been 251 insodents of qr25's in the US consumeing oil then catching fire. as fare as today 5 people have been injured from this. So tell your freinds. you guys that say that the qr has potentuall i say to blow up are burn oil and catch fire.
At nissan their is no other motor built in its fasion and we have no issues with any other mottors than this one.
Any one who cares to argue the facts are their. you cannot curently buy a o6 qr25 front wheel drive car as of now.

#3 ·
I hope they bring the sr20ve into production again. cuase the sr never had an issue. It would be sweet if they would send us ves and different trannys and all in one recall package. cuase this would meen 6speed sr20 trannys. Im not sure what they are going to do but i am sick of putting thees motors in alltuogh i have gotten them down and i can do them way faster than i can do an sr

#6 ·
p10det said:
like the title says guys. from day one i have noticed the worst 4 banger nissan has ever built. Basicly we are replaceing atlest one per week at my dealer wear i work. wether it be altima are sentra se-r. they have always consumed oil and blew the cats and tore them selves for distruction. i had mentioned this a while back ,but now the truth has come out more than ever all 06 altimas and sentra se-r's can no longer be sold due to they are shit but really. So fare their has been 251 insodents of qr25's in the US consumeing oil then catching fire. as fare as today 5 people have been injured from this. So tell your freinds. you guys that say that the qr has potentuall i say to blow up are burn oil and catch fire.
At nissan their is no other motor built in its fasion and we have no issues with any other mottors than this one.
Any one who cares to argue the facts are their. you cannot curently buy a o6 qr25 front wheel drive car as of now.
actually
i work at a nissan dealer
we have 22 altimas in stock
14 are covered by recall
8 we can still sell
.... personally not impressed with the motor

#8 ·
So what can be done if you own an 2006 Altima? Are they recalling them all or just replacing messed up ones? I bought an Altima in January so I'm still under warranty but I want to see what I can do to either a)return it and get the 3.5 or another vehicle or b)know what to do in case something does happen. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

#10 ·
AZ99G20t said:
So what can be done if you own an 2006 Altima? Are they recalling them all or just replacing messed up ones? I bought an Altima in January so I'm still under warranty but I want to see what I can do to either a)return it and get the 3.5 or another vehicle or b)know what to do in case something does happen. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Nissan will send you a letter if your car is affected
i also beleive there will extend your powertrain warranty till 100K :lol:

#12 ·
SleakG20 said:
cant you just put in a aftermarket cat and thread lock the power valve screw?
yeah you can... but the point is.... this wasn't supose to happen to an engine that only about 4-5 years old! :lol:

#13 ·
yeah but why tell people to stay away from it if its just these small issues that $100-$150 can fix? changing a cat is simple. I'm suggesting to my g/f to get a new sentra SE-R Spec V because its a nice looking car with nice interior and seems to have some get up and go. Also her dads paying for it :)

#14 ·
that is not the only issues. from day one the have always had motors that consume oil. Im not sure what this recall is of yet as i se nissan has not come out with the recall yet.

Not everyones motor has done this. I have also seen qr piston rings snap.
I agree the spec it a nice looking car and is a lil fun to drive. I just say that it is not reliable sorry.
I wish nissan would just make a sr25ve and we would have to just swap out for the recall. Im asumeing all the modles afected we are going to have to replace theese engines.
I have no time to open up 40 sume engines in brand new cars of the lot and replace internals warrenty.

#16 ·
i don't know to much. us techs are given tech talk guides about new technology in advance and nna.net comes out with new computor based tranning for us around the same time. A ve would be sweet and more reliable. but all of are new engines use the vct's on the intake cams. all motors are fly by wire. all useing individual coils

#19 ·
rmyc said:
the more specV's end up in the junk yard.. the more specV wheels we can get:)
very true

funny my friend has a spec-v and beats the living snot out of it every day and he never had a problem yet...and when i say beat the snot out of it i mean it...brand new the first day from the dealer wit 15 miles on the motor and hes doin 1st to 5th runs and burnouts

on a totally unrelated side note i love burn-outs

#20 ·
whats the warrenty on these? like say we get the car and the motor shits the bed a few months later....will nissan cover it?

#23 ·
I heard this rumor confirmed by a Nissan dealer today: 2006 qr25de motors seem to have a fabrication problem.... They cannot be sold as of now and a big recall is at hand.....

#24 ·
Loek said:
I heard this rumor confirmed by a Nissan dealer today: 2006 qr25de motors seem to have a fabrication problem.... They cannot be sold as of now and a big recall is at hand.....
this is true! the only afected qr motors are from Jan.-May of 2006, nissan thinks it has to do with something of there supplier of piston rings???? no recals of yet have been spoken of..........but just wait it will happen, us tech's will have to pay for it! (nissan recalls = no $ for techs! :rant: )

#25 ·
nut180sx said:
this is true! the only afected qr motors are from Jan.-May of 2006, nissan thinks it has to do with something of there supplier of piston rings???? no recals of yet have been spoken of..........but just wait it will happen, us tech's will have to pay for it! (nissan recalls = no $ for techs! :rant: )
how is it no money for you? dont you get paid by the work hours regardless?

#26 ·
ya you still get paid but it's time cut in 1/2. i get paid by the job (flat rate) in most cases a warrenty job or a recall will pay you half the time a customer pay job would. thats what i ment by that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.