Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the boots on my cv joints need to be replaced however my transmission needs to be replaced also, so i want to have them change out both axles it at the same time, the axles on line go for less than a hundred $'s, i haven't called them yet i was hoping to get some input from somebody that has had thier axles replaced how, ie. how much they cost and were charged per axle ect. I'm thinking about buying them online and asking them to install when they do the transmission.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i got mine from napa for 56 bucks or so (manual, lsd, abs) plus a core charge a piece.

so far so good

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
The company that provides most of the remans for AZ, Napa, etc. went out of biz several months ago, so it has been hard to get them, esp if you need something a little odd, like LSD+manual+abs. I ordered one from NAPA and it was the wrong one, ended up going with Raxles. Hard to beat Raxles, but you'll pay a little more. Don't foget to change out the trans/axle seals recessed to spec. If you're changing out the trans, replacing the seals is very easy.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool i'll hit up napa and see if they have em, on ebay they're like $86 so either way shouldn't be to much trouble

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Napa has bad part numbers. You're not likely to get the right axle. Their major supplier is out of biz. I wouldn't count on the ebay ones being right either, and then you'll REALLY have a problem returning them. There are like 16 different possible axle configurations for the G20, so the chances of you getting the wrong one are high. Call Marty at Raxles and pay the extra to get the right ones.

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just changed my torn cv boots with some quick boots for 10 bucks and everything is all good.....I just made sure I cleaned them real good and put some new grease in there. I did not want to take out my cv axle just to change a boot.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
split boot would probably be fine for my application (i just want to drive it for a year or so) but the tranny needs to be replaced and because axles are cheapish might as well replace then at the same time, the thing is i don't know what kind of axle i have if there are 16 different combinations how do i figure out which one is right? can i just call them and they'll automatically know what kind of axle i have?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Marty at Raxles can tell you. Combinations are: manual/auto, LSD/non-LSD, ABS/non-ABS and prob. year. The AZ or thepartsbin online sites sort it out pretty well. If you mail order, tho, you def want to be sure it's right. And don't forget to replace the axle seals (set at the right depth).

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Rumor is that it was standard equipment on all Canadian P-10's (and maybe other countries with a lot of snow). I could also see Nissan having too many LSD transmissions and putting them in non-touring cars until the excess stock ran out. Also the possibility that the trans could have been swapped out (I have a t without LSD). You needs to be sure to get the right one...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
this is the email i got from them:

Thank you for you inquiry! The axles for your 91 G20 are $149.99 per side.We have them in stock. Please keep in mind when comparing prices that at Raxles we use NEW outer joints on all of our axles. (An industry exclusive)(See our website http://www.raxles.com/no_regrind.aspx for further elaboration on this important fact). We build these out of HD NEW components using Amsoil synthetic grease,new nuts, and the BEST CV boots. Let me know if I can be of help!

marty
www.raxles.com
[email protected]
Raxles..Better With New ..Let Us Prove It!
Raxles Inc
2341 NW 71st Pl
Gainesville FL 32653
800-257-8192

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
lysander said:
Rumor is that it was standard equipment on all Canadian G20's (and maybe other countries with a lot of snow). I could also see Nissan having too many LSD transmissions and putting them in non-touring cars until the excess stock ran out. Also the possibility that the trans could have been swapped out (I have a t without LSD). You needs to be sure to get the right one...
G20 only North America. Rest of the world : Primera.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts