Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about JIC coil over things???.. I just talked to some other dude and he was blabbing about how good they are and he reccomends them over GROUND CONTROl... over..TEINS.. everything.. He said he reccommend them over everyone except APEX or something.. anyway..question.. anyone know anything about the JIC coilover..and what do you think of JIC

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think the biggest problem with both JIC and TEIN is the inability to select spring rates. I am pretty sure the JIC were a bit pricey for less adjustability, but it has been a long time since I checked them out though.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
You can buy different spring rates for the JIC's if you want. The type of suspension you get really depends on the type of driving you are going to do. Street, Track, 1/4 mile, auto-x, etc.

Read through most of the posts in this suspension section. I know there has been a lot of discussion about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
about the jics

about the jics.. i have called a bunch of places.. just random places and everyone has said the jic's were alot better in quality compared to the ground controls. I will be doing alot of street driving but everyone now and then i figure i'd be racing the dumb asses in the civic's... anyhow..i have a knack for always wanting the best when i buy stuff so that is why i was lookin and calling around about the jics.. the guy stated it was 1350 shipped for the jics..i really dont know what 2 do.. help! =)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jics

hey man- i spoke to luke a few days ago about the jics.. and i got some info about them from him.. They do make them for the g-20.. and as i said its 1350 shipped to the door.. I just think im having sch a hard time trying to decide b/c i want to make sure these are good .. like really good shit. I dont want to spend 1350 dollars on some stuff that im gonna be like why the hell did i do this.. that is why i keep making these post asking people what they think about the jic coilovers.. not many people have responded!! =(

·
Registered
80 Posts
JICs

I have the JIC SF-1s and I think they totally kick ass. They are stiff (10 kg/mm and 8 kg/mm rear). At first every little bump would jar your body around like nobody's business, but now that the dampers have been broken in it's pretty smooth. Last weekend I was hanging out with some SE-R people and they couldn't believe the handling. Riding on rails is a frequent comment. If you're really all about getting the best of everything, then you should probably get the adjustable damping rate ones (SA-1s I think). You can request lower rate springs if you want (8 kg/mm front and 6 kg/mm rear) if you want. This is a higher maintenance suspension than most setups. A couple of bolts have already vibrated themselves out and my dash is starting to wiggle around a lot. I have made quite a few height adjustments as things have started to settle some. You can pretty much slam this thing and have decent suspension travel due to the 1" shortened strut bodies. Hope that's enough info. for ya.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was also thinking of getting JICs. I have heard a lot of good things about them. Been recommended to me by lots of people.

My only question is...if I am to go with the coilovers...is it worth it for me to spend that much on street driving? I will be commuting a lot....and I wanted to do some work for my suspension. My car is stock.

Should I just go with some Eibachs? Get my strut and sway bars and be fine? Or would the coilovers make that much of a difference for me?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think you'll be pleased with the JIC setup.
They are quality. They do work well. I have the SF-1s on a 99 G20 with the stiffer spring rate on my daily driver. It's rougher than stock, but very livable. And the handling is awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts