Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay...i already searched for this stuff on the site so noone tell me to search for it. i just want to make sure before i do this. as long as i don't spary the niteshades on too heavy, i can smoke the taillights without even taking them off the car right? the only problem i can see with leaving them on is running, but that shouldn't be a problem if i spray lightly. that's about it. i just wanted to make sure before i get to doing this.

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
you "can" do it either way, but its like painting anything else, you gotta really be careful about overspray, tape everything really well (blue painters tape works awsome)
also I would really suggest taking them off, i did it and its not nearly as hard as everyone makes it out to be with regards to the black gooey stuff, PM me if you have specific questions about it, also I have a set of p10 tails for sale on a thread around here, you should buy them paint em and swap em out after

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55184

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i actually have a roll of the abinters tape so i was already planning on that. i just want to get it done soon and dont want to spend too much money. i really dont want the amber color on there anymore. how long does it take to get them on/off?

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
maybe 25 mins for all 4, its pretty straight forward, iirc you should use a deep socket for the nuts on the back, then start pulling tailight from body and i found it easy to break gooey stuff free by using a box cutterand leaving half the gooey stuff on the car and half on the light

·
Internet Mechanic
2,256 Posts
where in maryland are you, I visit my cousin near towson on a regular basis

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im up in harford county. so if youre in philly, thats only about about an hour at the most from my house. im pretty much right at the top of the bay near the susquehanna river

1 - 7 of 7 Posts