Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for projectors. I want to achieve a blueish output on my headlight with halogens (non-HID). Would ANY (as in any at all) projectors work with a washer mod, or are there specific projectors that can output blueish light, and others that simply can't.

Does the color of the output light depend on the color of the projector lens?

I'm thinking about getting some projectors off of an MDX. Maybe I'll get them off of another car, but I want to make sure that I'll get that blueish output.

Another side question, how do you upgrade your harness to accommodate bulbs of, say, 65-100W?

Thanks!

·
G20 Newbie
6,695 Posts
for output there are a few thing

-Sharpness
-Color at cut off
-beam color..

1st of all porjectors dont change the color output of the headlights... it just covers the road better..

2. the only color you get in projectors is at the cut off line... this color only shows up on some projectors and it's very little..

3. the more clear the lens is the sharper the cut off line is, the more the contrast between lighted road and dark road..

if you want color and hallogens, the best thing is to go with colored bulbs in projectors... this would give the best cosmetical looks..

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
not all projectors work with the washer mod. checkout hidplanet.com. you can mod some projectors by bending the shield for example.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
tsx projectors are probably the most bang for your buck, if you got some dough to spend, then try the s2k or tl. Other than that, avoid most of the euro projectors unless youre really on a budget or dont care bout the cutoff.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
TL or E55 projectors are the best way to go but kind of pricy :-\

Rob

·
Registered
200 Posts
sorry don't mean to thread jack but what's the washer mod? and where are you guys gettin your projectors? all the ones i find on ebay are way more then what people are sayin to pay.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
for the tsx, the washer mod is when you shove 2 or however much u want, #8 washers to each nipple of the projector, which will equal 4 per projector as each one has 2 nipples. Doing this mod allows for a much colorful cutoff line. hidplanet.com or ebay, unless you can source htem out locally at a yard.

·
Registered
200 Posts
^^^thanks. i've been tryin to spend some time on hidplanet to learn about this but it's pretty hard, they speak a different language over there. and hate askin questions for fear of the nooby flaming.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup, I'm NOT talking about HIDs here! I guess I will try to get the halogen MDX projectors then, they are pretty similar to the TSX's, and are meant for halogen.

Thanks!

·
Registered
936 Posts
do you guys even read the entire post?

He wants HALOGEN projector.

You can't find any Halogen projector that would output in blue. The only blue you see from the a Halogen projector is at its cutoff. Other than that, they are regular halogen.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
i understand that i jut want him to buy my hid.s.......which is the only way to get a nice blue cutoff!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts