Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at a set from everythingg20.com for $105 link or a goodridge set from tirerack.com for $108 link , are there better brake lines from some one else??

edit: are the line from everythingg20 and tirerack the same???

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You will get a firmer brake pedal with less "squishiness." Brake fluid is under very high pressure when you brake. The steel lines do not yield but the rubber brake hoses will "balloon" just a bit. It's something that also will get worse as the rubber brake lines age. The stainless steel hoses are wrapped in a stainless steel mesh that keeps the line from expanding. Kind of like a girdle for your brake hoses.
Most people report a better feel to the brakes.

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
not to mention it keeps your brake pedal feel more "consistant". It will feel the same no matter how much you drive it, or how hard. Whereas stock brake lines will start getting "squishy" once you get on it a lil too much or during hot hot summers...

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
Mautai916 said:
not to mention it keeps your brake pedal feel more "consistant". It will feel the same no matter how much you drive it, or how hard. Whereas stock brake lines will start getting "squishy" once you get on it a lil too much or during hot hot summers...
so you think we have time to install a set (assuming i get them in time) on my car, at the wrench meet?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Make sure your bleeder screws will unscrew before you put the hoses on. Sometimes they seize and may break off with too much force applied. Squirting a little penetrating oil on them the day before helps. Just don't get any oil on your rotors!
If you do the hoses first, and then find out you can't undo the bleeders, you now have no brakes.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Also get a flare nut wrench (10mm if I remember, a search would turn it up)
If you dont it's very easy to strip it!
Easy install, search it.
Pretty much unbolt, bolt, bleed, smile!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice ordered the set on the 9th, just got a shipping confirmation # today so it'll be next week when they show up lame

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Lame?????
can't wait or what?
If thats the case, take time to remember your brakes now, cause once you change them (w motul fluid ;) it'll be a whole new feeling.....
Then when you have them for a while they dont seem so amazing, & you forget the improvement, thats when you know you've been bitten by the MOD bug cause you'll keep on modding out the g....
Then you'll probably be broke :D

·
V3.0 VE-T
3,175 Posts
gtiru12 said:
hey martin can we keep working after you leave for college?Cause i get off ROP at 3:30pm and planing on going straight over there. Somebody buy some mike's hard lemonade or martin restock your liqours
yups ;) SS lines take me about 30 mins~

Also, dun forget your get some nice brake fluid while your at it. I highly suggest Motul ;)

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
AWOL_g said:
Lame?????
can't wait or what?
If thats the case, take time to remember your brakes now, cause once you change them (w motul fluid ;) it'll be a whole new feeling.....
Then when you have them for a while they dont seem so amazing, & you forget the improvement, thats when you know you've been bitten by the MOD bug cause you'll keep on modding out the g....
Then you'll probably be broke :D
do the symptoms include buying dual headlamps, a sway bar, coilovers, and SS brake lines in less than a month?
not to mention Motul brake fluid (see below)...
i think i'll be eating rice porridge and gruel for a long time... :throwup:

Mautai916 said:
yups ;) SS lines take me about 30 mins~

Also, dun forget your get some nice brake fluid while your at it. I highly suggest Motul ;)
sweet. i'll look into the Motul.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
P11Gdub said:
do the symptoms include buying dual headlamps, a sway bar, coilovers, and SS brake lines in less than a month?
not to mention Motul brake fluid (see below)...
i think i'll be eating rice porridge and gruel for a long time... :throwup:

sweet. i'll look into the Motul.
That the one, you must be infected!

·
Registered
415 Posts
don't know if this will apply to you but when i ordered my set like two years ago they went in fine and bolted properly but the bolt that attaches them to the caliper was to long so i had to trim it a little bit as the bango fitting is NOT as thick on mine as was the stock ones.

so if you install them and see tons of play and its not getting any tighter you will need to modify your bolt (most likely you won't have this issue seeing as you ordered them from everythingg20 but i figured i would just let you know)

as everyone says its very very easy to install and the end product is well worth it!!

joe

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Wiggy said:
don't know if this will apply to you but when i ordered my set like two years ago they went in fine and bolted properly but the bolt that attaches them to the caliper was to long so i had to trim it a little bit as the bango fitting is NOT as thick on mine as was the stock ones.

so if you install them and see tons of play and its not getting any tighter you will need to modify your bolt (most likely you won't have this issue seeing as you ordered them from everythingg20 but i figured i would just let you know)

as everyone says its very very easy to install and the end product is well worth it!!

joe
This happened to me as well, but mine were crown lines...
Compare the banjo fittings to save yourself a headache.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts