Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, I decided to wash and Zaino both my car and my wife's G20. When applying the Zaino, I noticed some portions of the G20 have a very rough feel to it, but they look immaculate!!

For example, the hood was really smooth, but the front quarter panels felt very rough, even after 2 coats of Zaino. To look at it, it looks no different....Swirl free and very glossy (mirror like gloss.)

It is a new 2002 G20, and I found it odd that it felt like this. I have never had a car that felt unsmooth like this.....I'm just so thrown that it feels this way but looks no different then the rest of the car!!!

Is this normal??

·
Registered
218 Posts
You probably need to clay the paint.

When cars are shipped from the factory they are usually shipped by rail (train). This causes a lot of "fallout" or dust to collect on the car. The factory puts plastic over the body parts to prevent this from collecting, but generally just over the hood, roof, trunk, etc. The fenders usually aren't covered.

Clay your paint to remove the contaminants. Once the paint is completely smooth, then add a few coats of Zaino.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha.....will do! I was just amazed with the feel of the finish....It looks perfect.....

It does seem inconsistent as to where the rough spots are, so I will clay the rough parts. My wife is bringing the car to the dealer to have some part of the dash replaced (warped) so I think I may mention it to them to see what they have to say. I've been amazed by the service of this Infiniti dealer, so it couldn't hurt.

(I might as well ask before going through physical labor!!)

By the way, thanks......sounds like it is not normal!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts