Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm confused about my sony deck it sounds really good but i'm looking for a more realistic sound. i know nakamichi has exellent components, so i was wondering if i can use the nakamichi amp. Will the sound coming out of my speakers sound like i've bought a new amp or will it just make the sound louder. i need something to sound realistic.

basically what i'm asking is if i can cheat and by an amp and have it sound like i have bought a brand new HU or will an amp not compensate for good sound

·
Registered
411 Posts
do u have stock speakers?? if so, that is like 90% of ur problem right there. a amp will keep ur speakers from distorting at louder sound levels. what do u mean by realistic sound?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have after market speakers installed the sound of the system sounds good like an average person would like an after maket stereo to sound, but i want to be able to hear every little detail in my songs and i also want to be able to tell what instrument is playing. i know the only companies that produce a sound like that for cars is bose, nakamichi, and harmon kardon

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Boston Acoustics does it too. I'm listening to 'em right now on my computer, but they're pricey for cars.

·
Registered
411 Posts
TheWoo said:
i have after market speakers installed the sound of the system sounds good like an average person would like an after maket stereo to sound, but i want to be able to hear every little detail in my songs and i also want to be able to tell what instrument is playing. i know the only companies that produce a sound like that for cars is bose, nakamichi, and harmon kardon
shit, the only way to get that is to is to buy a component system and a amp. that will cost u though. the best one will be fosgate. to add to the clarity and sound, put an electronic cross-over in there to. finally, put like a 10", 200rms sub for that little bit of bass. after u have spent all that money though, a awsome hu will be pocket change.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is a hu a must for me to get or will an amp and a sub work just fine in addition to fosgate, BA, or nakamichi to get that realistic sound, i now have brand new kenwoods all the way around and a late model sony moble es hu

·
Registered
411 Posts
TheWoo said:
so is a hu a must for me to get or will an amp and a sub work just fine in addition to fosgate, BA, or nakamichi to get that realistic sound, i now have brand new kenwoods all the way around and a late model sony moble es hu
a amp and a sub should be fine. however it is all bout u and what u think. yes for the best sound a brand new hu and speakers would be ideal, but it is all bout what u want.

good luck on finding nakamichi in the us!!

how late model are we talking. does the hu have preouts in the back?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't mind buying the nakamichi hu from ebay because those products just get better with age.

i don't know abouthe pre-outs on the back of the sony es hu but it looks like it was bought in 98 or 99

1 - 8 of 8 Posts