Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come some of you guys are all anti-rice but when someone throws up pictures of a G20 with a huge muffler (fat cannon) ghetto air box mod and stickers you are all 'Wo Nice Ride' 'Sweet' when all that has happened is they riced it, what some of you guys say you hate.

What gives?

--Garrett
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,791 Posts
Probably because most everyone is a bit hyprocritical and think g20 owners can do no wrong.

I usually just don't say anything when people post pics of thier POS.
 

·
♥
Joined
·
3,947 Posts
compliments all the way, i wont give a negative opinion unless its downright horrible.

wheres this cannon, and ghetto air box with all the praise?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,585 Posts
So Garrett, we should just rip into someone when we don't like it ?? I'd rather say 'it's not to my tastes but good job' than be all negative about it. Or just not comment at all...ever heard the saying if you've not got anything nice to say then don't say anything at all ?? :)
 

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
Joined
·
2,034 Posts
markbuts3 said:
So Garrett, we should just rip into someone when we don't like it ?? I'd rather say 'it's not to my tastes but good job' than be all negative about it. Or just not comment at all...ever heard the saying if you've not got anything nice to say then don't say anything at all ?? :)
I think Garrett is referring to the people who say negative things to other cars but not to G20s, so they are already saying things. It makes sense but of course we are going to be more partial to our cars. I mean the stuff we make fun of here on hondas is probably really cool on honda forums.

Also, I don't think we have any real extreme ricers here. Occasionally we will see the huge rear wings or funky decals or maybe even cheap mufflers but overall I think G20s are somewhat rice-resistant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
markbuts3 said:
So Garrett, we should just rip into someone when we don't like it ?? I'd rather say 'it's not to my tastes but good job' than be all negative about it. Or just not comment at all...ever heard the saying if you've not got anything nice to say then don't say anything at all ?? :)
garret i agree.....this is something i have noticed to.

Mark thats very true.....to bad most people dont do that at all.

I've noticed alot of people post up a pic of their g with a spoiler or something wether its oem or not and everyone loves it....but if someone sees a civic with one or a ecplise the word "rice" gets thrown around like you get a dollar each time. Also we are all "ricers" the word started by domestics people saying our cars run on rice because of where they come from. Its not specific to any one car make.

I say its your car.....do with it as you please. I love any car that has had serious effort put into it. Even though i prefer a car thats not to flashy out side but packing muscle under the hood. But i also like alot of cars that have body kits and what not on them simple because to me they look nice in most cases. Any car can be "riced" out.....look around and you'll notice there is tons of mustangs/neons that get "riced" out now.
 

·
t3h jdm pinecone
Joined
·
2,259 Posts
Rice: Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements (R.I.C.E.). Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vinyl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
SleakG20 said:
Any car can be "riced" out.....look around and you'll notice there is tons of mustangs/neons that get "riced" out now.
I think that's a good point. I see so many Mustangs, Neons, and Cavaliers (heck, even the Chrysler cloud-cars) with excessive wings or plastic spinner wheel-covers. I even spotted a fairly new 3-series BMW with a "rice" wing, a goofy ground-effects kit, and some nasty rims (it was sad to see a decent Bimmer wasted like that). The word has gone from an anti-Japanese import insult to a general term to describe gaudy 'mods' that are over-the-top cosmetically, but have little to no performance benefits. This change has occurred out of necessity - more and more domestics are falling prey to this sad practice.

Unfortunately, everyone's got their bias, and Infiniti/Nissan owners are likely to consider a similarly equipped Honda a 'ricer'. Fortunately, I think most people on here just try to be polite and find something positive to say. Sometimes I see cars (okay, more like daily) that are just so terrible I don't understand how anyone could think they looked good - but then I remind myself - 'to each his own' - I may not understand it, but it's their choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
know what you mean bro but even though they are ricers out there, you must admit that there is somethin on the car you like so we compliment them, about what we like and not mentiong the stuff we dont (lol) as a form as repect, because basically we all are brother and sisters on this site and we dont want
anyone to feel bad
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,585 Posts
justin243 said:
know what you mean bro but even though they are ricers out there, you must admit that there is somethin on the car you like so we compliment them, about what we like and not mentiong the stuff we dont (lol) as a form as repect, because basically we all are brother and sisters on this site and we dont want
anyone to feel bad
Apart from John's stupid hood emblem :p

:LOL:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,550 Posts
SleakG20 said:
Also we are all "ricers" the word started by domestics people saying our cars run on rice because of where they come from. Its not specific to any one car make.
Exactly. According to my friends with domestic cars, my car is a ricer no matter what I do to it, or even if I leave it stock...simply because it's from Japan. That's why I always find it funny when people on here are slinging the rice comments around...it's actually a form of paranoid racism from people who refused to buy anything but domestic cars for patriotic reasons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Mack20 said:
Sometimes I see cars (okay, more like daily) that are just so terrible I don't understand how anyone could think they looked good - but then I remind myself - 'to each his own' - I may not understand it, but it's their choice.
I thought I'd clarify - I didn't mean G's on this forum, I just meant other cars I see on a daily basis.

Nelson said:
...it's actually a form of paranoid racism from people who refused to buy anything but domestic cars for patriotic reasons.
Sadly enough, it's true. It just took time to reveal the multitude of ways the Japanese imports were superior to many of the domestics in order to 'break down' that barrier. I think that most of the Japanese marques have gained enough respect, however, that the term 'rice' has evolved somewhat. There seems to have been far less opposition toward Japanese cars in the last decade or so - and now that many are assembled in the states, they get even more respect. Today it seems the word 'rice' has changed to be a derogatory term for over-the-top boy-racer accessories on particularly non-performance cars. At least that's how I've interpreted it.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top