Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a P11 with two 12' Polk Momo/ 1000w each max, 1200w jbl amp mono to the subs, 2 rear 63.1 Infiniti kappa speakers/ 150w max output, 2 front kappa perfect speakers with tweeters (component)/ 400w max outuput, and I dunno why my system sounds like SHIT. I run 8 guage wire all around. Could it be that my wire are too small for the subs? Especially my aftermarket speaker sounds worse than the stock bose speakers. The bass on my speakers sound so shitty (BTW im powering the speakers with only my head unit...no amp..could that be one of the reason?). Any advice for me is appreciated. I want to make my system bumb krazy....It sounds O.k but compared with others, it sounds like a lil mouse. I want it so it makes my body vibrate and my ears bleed! Peace.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ok hmmm.... lets list all your equipment accordingly, with model numbers and a little info also...

HU: ?
AMP(S): JBL what?
SPEAKERS: ?
SUBS: ?
ENCLOSURE: ported or sealed,
*which way are the subs are facing?
*How are they wired? series or parrallel?
*what ohm load are the subs presenting?
X-OVER/EQ: if any?

this may help us help you better. :)

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
true

Give us some more detailed info about the Amp/Head unit/Enclosure/ etc. I'm sure we'll come up with your solutions (we got mad experts in here) ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can add 80-200 mhz bass blockers to all the interior speakers to cut the bass and distortion, make sure you don't run the RCA's on the same side of the car as the power wire...that will cause engine noise through the speakers.

·
Registered
664 Posts
woah! That system should knock like a mutha!

Word of advice...it sounds as though you are trying to get your full range 6 1/2"s to produce bass...I'd strongly recommend not doing that. Like JapcrapG20t stated: get bass blockers. If your head unit doesn't have a built in crossover (most new models do) then bass blockers is a must. Either that or amplify your speakers with an active crossover system.

I'm guessing you're running the JBL BP1200.1 with 2 Momo 12s. That setup is really good...there shouldn't be any complaints about bass. What kind of bass are you getting from the subs? (ie: distorted, all high bass, all deep/low bass, generally low sound) What enclosure are they in?

What are you comparing your system too when you state it sounds mousey?

good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts