Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes this so good over an intake with a k&n Filter on the end. Why is everyone saying get a jw pop charger over anything else. any help would be nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
IIRC, the JWT POP (and Stillen copy) have a CNC machined venturi which smooths the airflow into the MAF (or into the pipe in the case of a CAI install)

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
G20 SpoRt 2002 said:
Stupid question... here goes.. If I put a K&N in my car will I hear anything different?
If you mean replacing the stock airbox filter with the K&N, you won't hear anything different.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
MR. RYTE said:
If you mean replacing the stock airbox filter with the K&N, you won't hear anything different.
Except for the sound of your bank account going down the toilet :p Seriously, get the JWT POP.... it will add a small amount of Hp, it has been documented, and IMHO worth the $130

http://www.se-r.net/car_info/engine_performance_tuning.html

Did I mention that it also sounds cool....wrooom....wrooom....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all your help/ 1 more ?

i hit the jackpot i believe/ plz help if not. i have the chance to purchase a plane racing CAI w/JWT POP and Nology Wires for $200 shipping included. only problem is it is off of a 94 se-r. i know they are both lowports but anything else i should ask. I have seen pics and i think it will work but any suggestions would be helpful.
again thank you all for your imput.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
Yeah, dont get the Nology wires...unless your running stupid HP, which your not...just buy the CAI and POP....even at $200 thats still a good deal.

Make sure they come with all the silicone/rubber connectors...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wierd in pics though

it looks like in the pics i got that it goes into the fender well. my battery fills that up and i have a piece of black plastic above my tire. what can i do about that???

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yahnozha said:

Except for the sound of your bank account going down the toilet :p Seriously, get the JWT POP.... it will add a small amount of Hp, it has been documented, and IMHO worth the $130

http://www.se-r.net/car_info/engine_performance_tuning.html

Did I mention that it also sounds cool....wrooom....wrooom....

I mean the K&N drop in! Wont do shit right?

:pirate:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The K&N drop in has been dyno proven to increase performance and fuel economy. That is because it does allow more air flow over the stock paper filters. I do not believe the numbers are astromical, but there is an improvement over stock.

Also, you might hear a slightly different sound when at WOT with the K&N drop in, but it is barely noticeable. If you are not wanting to remove your stock air box, it is definitely worth purchasing one for around $35-$45.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
G20 SpoRt 2002 said:
I mean the K&N drop in! Wont do shit right?
Im not saying its going to do nothing, it does allow the air to move thru the filter better, but the airbox is where the restriction is at. There is a small performance increase, but little at best. For a $50 filter, id rather save the cash and get the POP.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
one more quick ?

it looks like in the pics i got that it goes into the fender well. my battery fills that up and i have a piece of black plastic above my tire. what can i do about that???

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts