Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what type of tires does everyone have on their Gs and then i was wondering what do u guys all think is the best looking tires and which tire is the best performance tires for cornering and racing.

oh yea on average how many miles do tires usually last?

·
Registered
306 Posts
tirerack.com

Try tirerack.com application guide. IT will help you decide what type of tire you need for your type of driving.

Tires can last anywhere from 10k miles to 100k miles. IT depends on many, many factors. The treadwear rating is up to the manufacturer's but you can get a very rough guess as to how long they will last. Add two ZEROs to the treadwear, i.e. treadwear rating 300 + 00 = 30,000 miles. Like I said, it is a VERY ROUGH estimate. Your driving style, area of the country, etc. also come into play.

I have MIchelin X1's.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then i should be very worried if the sidewalls of my tires are completely worn out after only 11,280 miles right?

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Ima P10 and I have Michelin MXV's 195/65/14. They are superb. Im frightened to put aftermarkets back on. I like having some kind of ride quality.

·
Registered
306 Posts
SIDEWALLS ?!

You're sidewalls are wornout? From what? scrubbing curbs or severe underinflation?

What size and brand of tire are they?

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Some of the best performing (good looking too, if you want looks in a tire) street tires, IMO, are the Falken Azenis tires. They look alot like a race tire when on the car, I'm not exactly sure why, I guess it's just the sidewall design and stuff that makes it look that way, but they are a lot beefier than a normal tire in the same size. Oh yeah, the tread is a very unique design too.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
hey guys...

tire wear depends not only on the tire treadwear rating but the driving conditions, how driven and how often rotated..

it is not uncommon to see tires getting replaced sooner than normally necessary because of lack of rotation, under or over inflation... OR too many autocross events wearing out the outside corners!

...I had to replace tires on my autocross car after only 9K miles... and my R compound tires only last me one season of events! --just the price you pay when you play!

...Really good tires (lots of grip) only last about 10K miles tops.. and the condition of the roads can make a huge difference too! For example, the tires on florida cars tend to wear out quicker -- I heard they use some shells in their pavement compound a while back that wears out tires faster...

Anyway, if you have just a hair over 11K miles on your car, how often did you rotate the tires? how often did you check for the correct tire pressure? what driving style? ...and what tires are they in the first place?

I know factory tires on the G20 are not supposed to last much past 30K miles with normal driving (with normal rotation and correct tire pressures in all tires!)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i live in pasadena and laguna beach and roads here are awsome. They're as smooth as they come and i doubt its because of the roads. I think its more my driving style. I love to turn fast and i do it often. I would drive all the way up a mountain just to go back down the curvy roads. i own a pair of Yokohama Parada tires. They were about 100$ each and they were popular in my area so i thought they were good but recently i read reviews trashing the parada tires as being unsafe and that they wear fast.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Myinfinitig20 said:
i live in pasadena and laguna beach and roads here are awsome. They're as smooth as they come and i doubt its because of the roads. I think its more my driving style. I love to turn fast and i do it often. I would drive all the way up a mountain just to go back down the curvy roads. i own a pair of Yokohama Parada tires. They were about 100$ each and they were popular in my area so i thought they were good but recently i read reviews trashing the parada tires as being unsafe and that they wear fast.
YEa I do the samething I like to turn real fast, so I wear mines out pretty quick, I have the stock Potenzas wrapped in the Sport rims.. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts