Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quik P10 Keyless ad Heater Ques

I know keyless entry was not introduced in 93 (as my 93 doesnt have it but my 94 does). My question is, would installing an aftermarket keyless entry but ok or if there a how to for it? I miss keyless entry. From what I've seen you want to wire in to the leads to the door lock and not the inside lock for alarm reasons....?

One other thing. My heater doesnt work but I think its related to the heater cable? The seller showed me an old invoice about how it was previous fixed. The invoice said something about a heater cable and she said he reach under the HVAC and pulled something that easily fixed it. I'm not 100% sure what she meant as I could tell she didnt really know, but car warms up just fine (far as operating temps) but like i said, i cant get the heater to blow hot air.

·
Registered
126 Posts
As long as you have power doorlocks, adding aftermarket keyless entry is pretty easy to accomplish. All you really need to find is +12v, ignition, parking lights, lock, unlock, factory alarm arm, factory alarm disarm, and a ground. All of which is located in the drivers kick or at the security module which is also in the driver's underdash.

As far as as your heater is concerned, couldn't diagnose without looking at it... is it just not blowing? If you said the seller was able to wiggle a wire under the passenger side, could be that the motor harness is not seated all the way. Should be a two pin harness plugged into the blower motor.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The heater was just the cable coming from the slider not being fully tight I guess. I figured it out though.

But yeah I'm bummed the 93 got shafted not having keyless so I was gonna see if i could get it installed...what about also having the trunk pop feature on the keyless?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 94 (well its my dads) and it has it, but my 93 doesnt so I want to put it in. I have factory alarm, i just want keyless entry and trunk pop like my dads. I assumed i'd have to go aftermarket but I wasnt sure how difficult it would be

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Either way, im pretty sure mine is a 93 not 93.5 as I have the motorized seat belts. Might have a shop install keyless entry for me so I dont mess something up, just wanted to be sure it wouldnt be an issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Some early 90's Nissan/Infiniti models had door lock actuators on all doors but the driver's (left front for left hand drive and right front for right hand drive; duh). My 93 G20 with a 07/92 build date had no keyless entry, but power door locks. You put the key in and turn to unlock once for the driver's door and twice for the others. My late 93 model had keyless remote entry system so naturally, they all had to have door lock actuators. The reason the driver's did not is because the key always had to be used. On my 03/94 Primera, if you unlock it once through the key cylinder, it unlocks all doors. The same thing is with my 04/94 Pulsar. Strangely enough, there was a Nissan accessory remote keyless entry unit installed in my Primera, so it had a lock actuator and control module inside the door. Unfortunately, it did not work, so I had to install a CompuStar keyless entry system. This was kind of a pain in the ass, because the door lock timer is inside the vehicle so I had to run output wires through the door harness. It's actually not that difficult. The car audio place I deal with normally was really good. They printed a list out for which signal wires and output wires to use; wire color was almost identical to my Primera.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.