Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought new rims for my G.. I bought the Racinghart C2's... it has a 215 tires on and it keeps rubbin' the back tires.. If I bought 205's would it still matter or the rim is still too wide for the car...? is there a way to make it work coz I wanna lower my car soon... help please.....:*(

·
Registered
635 Posts
Does it rub the inside of the tires against the rear strut perches or does it rub against the fenders? I got 17X7.5" wheels on 215/40/17 and I put 1/4" spacers to clear the perches and had the rear fenders rolled at a shop. Now theres no rubbing and I can even tuck those bad boys if I wanted to with no problems. So there's your answer :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies guys.. where did you get your wheelwell rolled up? I might just do that coz I love those rims... I'll try to post some pix later... I was tryin to sell it for $900 so I can buy some 18's that fits.. But if I can make it fit.. I'll just do that...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'm using 215/35/18's on a 7.5 wide rim. I had to use spacers in the rear like OG20 to keep it away from the shock and I had to roll the fenders.

To roll the fenders, just use a wooden baseball bat and push it against the lip to fold the lip up. Then follow up with mallet. Worked for me. :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mike.Com said:
To roll the fenders, just use a wooden baseball bat and push it against the lip to fold the lip up. Then follow up with mallet. Worked for me. :p
Does it work well? Doesn't it wreck the paint?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I go with the 205 tires with 7.5 wide rims.. would the rims rub you think if I lower the car? Or would the rims look weird with the 205? Oh and would the stock shocks be ok with coilovers.. coz I'm thinkin' of getting the coilovers first before the shocks.. or should I go the other way around? N who sells a primera front bumper that fits a P10? thanks..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Tight rims man. Mine look the same except for the center cap. I have the RS limited Limix by ADR. Looking good.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
sebass04 said:
Oh and would the stock shocks be ok with coilovers.. coz I'm thinkin' of getting the coilovers first before the shocks.. or should I go the other way around?

NO!

Do not install coilovers on the stock dampers. They absolutely do not have the damping necessary to control the higher spring rates you'll use with coilovers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
hey i have rh c2 in 18s i run nittos 215-35-18. i had to put 1/4 inch spacers on the too it cleared beautifully.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts