Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well oday i was cleaning out my IACV & noticed a coolant leak , i thought huh ?
i dont remember seeing coolant when i changed my oil.
anyway i tured the car on to build pressure & found a hairline crack just to the left of the fill cap & when i saw it leaking it was coming out like a skin cut....pissing

i drained a lil bit of coolant & dried off the area , i sanded it a little bit to get it coarse & i installed some epoxy i had, but its only a temp. fix as i t can go at any time .

is there anywhere i can get a good radiator & are all SR20 radiators compatible?

i loked at some sites & prices range from 105.00 - 245.00

TIA

·
Registered
973 Posts
2000ET1G20 said:
Well oday i was cleaning out my IACV & noticed a coolant leak , i thought huh ?
i dont remember seeing coolant when i changed my oil.
anyway i tured the car on to build pressure & found a hairline crack just to the left of the fill cap & when i saw it leaking it was coming out like a skin cut....pissing

i drained a lil bit of coolant & dried off the area , i sanded it a little bit to get it coarse & i installed some epoxy i had, but its only a temp. fix as i t can go at any time .

is there anywhere i can get a good radiator & are all SR20 radiators compatible?

i loked at some sites & prices range from 105.00 - 245.00

TIA
wow, look a few posts down at the post about me not being happy today.........

DAMN, misery loves company, must be something in the air.....

In my case, I was able to bandaid things.

bump for your questions

·
Registered
462 Posts
G0t a cheap $90 with lifetime warranty. I had them delivered to my house for free (houston area)! Man that is one hell of service.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just go to your local auto parts store. If you can wait for shipping try ebay, etc. You should be able to get a decent OEM replacement radiator for $100 – 150. Don’t get hung up on plastic versus metal tanks as there are pros and cons to each. Radiators with plastic tanks have actually lasted longer compared to radiator with metal tanks, but either version will put you dependably back on the road.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Have you tried JB Weld to fix the crack? They say ("they" being JB weld) that it can fix radiator cracks though I don't know how permanent.
I must say, it has done some pretty amazing things for my cars. I fixed a hole the size of a soccerball in the bottom of my Pathfinder with some aluminum roof sheeting and JB Weld. Held like a champ! For $5, it might be worth a shot. Beats getting a new radiator.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
^^^ I had a plastic radiator on a mazda MX6, used some epoxy fix and it held in there until I sold the car... if it aint that big Id would've gone with something like an epoxy, but it seems you got a new one now... Good luck with the switch out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you have time to let JB weld cure it can be a nearly permanent fix, but if you're going to keep the car long term and want peace of mind install a new radiator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts