Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon returning from the JAE show, i noticed that there was some white residue on the passenger side wing. I later discovered that the coolant had boiled over and spat out the excess. This was due to driving with the AC running on my turbo conversion. Now ive read before that this is one of the problems, now i need your opinions on a solution.

Firstly, do i need to change both the radiator and fans, as our stock fans do fit onto the mounting holes one the rad?

Can i just get Forge motorsport to make an exact replica of my stock one, will this be more benificial?

Can anyone suggest a whole replacement system fans and rad?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Kev check out the thread az20t turbo pics it has somthing on there about cooling with the ac on.Plus some pics of the pipe work for the turbo.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Geo was just talking about this in another post either here or on SR20DEForum.com. He had mentioned that going with a automatic radiator will help since it is a larger capacity radiator. Or opt for a larger universal radiator with his P10 conversion and aftermarket fans.

I am sure if he see's this post, he'll chime in with some positive suggestions for you.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
GT UK said:
Kev check out the thread az20t turbo pics it has somthing on there about cooling with the ac on.Plus some pics of the pipe work for the turbo.
Yea, that's it!

GT UK posted wihin a minute apart! :lol:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
For a P11 you can use a Diesel radiator. It's my understanding that it has much greater cooling capacity than the SR20 radiator. It was originally suggested to me to try to source a Diesel radiator out of Europe. Go check one out.

Otherwise, check out a slushbox radiator. They are double row here on the P10s (at least the ones I've seen). I don't know about the P11s.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the spec of our sr20 rad? is it a single core?

i think i will look into the diesel option as its more readily available here, i just hope our stock fans fit onto it the same way. is it likely to be thicker aswell? cos the new T3/T04E has got to be fitted directly behind it and i know theres not a lot of room there to begin with.

·
Registered
880 Posts
any body know the specs of the Nismo radiator and/or if it will fit? Just curious to know how much better it works.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
BritCG20 said:
any body know the specs of the Nismo radiator and/or if it will fit? Just curious to know how much better it works.
Won't fit. Too short.

·
Registered
562 Posts
hey I was wondering if you are using any coolant supplemental stuff....I don't know exactly what you would call this....but something like Redline's Waterwetter or Royal Purple's Purple Ice. I read in the SR20DEFORUMS that it helped alot on this one guys car...he checked it with his Techtom and it showed a 7 degree drop...I think it was farenheit....but anyways 7 degrees is not bad for only $8USD. Problem is you might want to change the mixture of water and coolant so you will probably need to flush the coolant system.

Also...P11GT....so you are done with the turbo install correct? I also had planned on turboing and had the manifold and turbo and other stuff but had to sell it to repair my stock motor....anyways I never got the chance to install the manifold and turbo. I wanted to put these on just to check how much space I have between the fans and the turbo/manifold...Can you tell me or show picture of how much space there is? I want to know this because the Sentra/200SX seems (eyeballing) to have more room than the P11. Anyways this will also help me determine later down the line if I should maybe do a larger turbo setup....TIA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts