Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 G20 and a few years ago the alarm would go off randomly. I asked my mechanice to disconnect the alarm. I haven't had any issues for a couple years then I got my oil changed today and suddenly the alarm has gone off twice. I can't imagine that the jiffy lube would reconnect my alarm - maybe they did. but after reading through the posts it seems that most of the time it could be related to weather or the hood pin. now it's been a constant temp not especially windy so i don't think it's the weather. could it be as simple as someone shutting the hood on my car extra hard as to mess with the hood pin? It seems weird that all of a sudden after this many months it would start going off. I will have to look at it again in the morning (if the battery is not dead from the alarm going off) but to not keep my boyfriend and neighbors up all night I decided to juse pull the horn fuse.

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
i had a clifford 2way pager rsx 2.5 installed on my nx2000 roughly 2 years ago. my alarm did the same as yours, randomly went off. i thought it was too sensitive at first, but later found out that my hatch wasnt closing right, and not contacting the hatch pin correctly. this was solved by bringing the car back to the install place and they moved my pin to a new location where it was gauranteed to make contact.

cliff note: your hood may not be holding the pin down solidly enough, therefore the alarms trips once in awhile. get it reseated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

Thanks for your reply. after I posted, the next morning I went out to take a look under my hood to see if I could locate the hood pin. I found it thanks to the nice descriptions of where I'd find it on the forums, I experimented with the closing of my hood - which was damaged slightly by an SUV backing up and hitting my car while parking :( - and I think I got it closed correctly so that contact was made correctly. The next time I go in to the shop, I'll have the mechanic disable the alarm completely. Thanks again for all the good info on this site, it always helps relieve my car panic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts