Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
You can buy the whole "kit" from Infiniti of Scottsdale (www.infinitipartsusa.com). Will run you about $125 or so (I just replaced the clutch on a friends Nissan Truck). It comes with a new pressure plate, clutch disk and a throwout bearing I think. Youll also need the clutch alingment tool, its a little plastic piece that lines up the clutch disk to the flywheel.

You might want to rent a transmission jack, it will come in real handy.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Could be a good idea to get your flywheel resurfaced. Any local mechanic shop can either do it send you somewhere you can have it done. Call around.

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
That is the wrong kit. The one I referenced just came with the disk, pressure plate and I think throwout bearing only.

You could just change the disk if you want. Youll have to see what kind of condition the presure plate is in. Its always a good idea to change it when you have everything apart.

Flywheels normally dont go bad, unless you have a major catastrophy on your hands. If you want to change the flywheel, by a JUN lightened one. Luke at www.digitalracer.com has them but hey are like $400+ by themselves.

Call Infiniti of Scottsdale on monday and talk to Brian or Joe, they should know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a random technology catalytic converter?
I was planning on buying one, but I am not sure about the model #.
I thought the sentra 2.0L Model #822231 would fit, but when I called random tech, they said that the in/out lets are 2.25". My stock cat in/out lets are 2.5" (i used a digital mic to measure).

If anyone has the correct part # for a cat that would fit my 93.5 G20, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
TeqP said:
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a random technology catalytic converter?
I was planning on buying one, but I am not sure about the model #.
I thought the sentra 2.0L Model #822231 would fit, but when I called random tech, they said that the in/out lets are 2.25". My stock cat in/out lets are 2.5" (i used a digital mic to measure).

If anyone has the correct part # for a cat that would fit my 93.5 G20, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
I have a random tech cat installed on my '95 g20, I used part #822230 and it fits fine. I think it's the same as #822231 except ..30 has an o2 sensor bung. I don't remember the measurements on it though. Did you measure inside or outside diameter?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I measured the inside diameter and it was 2.5" on my stock cat.

Would there be a problem if I used the smaller diameter and my original was 2.5"?
The 2.5" model they recommended is for a Maxima

How do you like the new cat?

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
TeqP said:
I measured the inside diameter and it was 2.5" on my stock cat.

Would there be a problem if I used the smaller diameter and my original was 2.5"?
The 2.5" model they recommended is for a Maxima

How do you like the new cat?

Thanks.
Here are some links about exhaust on SR20's that might be helpful.
http://www.sr20de.net/header_exhaust/random_tech_cat.html
http://www.sr20de.net/header_exhaust/general.html

I like the cat just fine - it bolted right on and easily gets me past NY emissions (and it was WAY cheaper than OEM) =)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I decided to go with the Random Cat. There's a 7-10 backorder right now, so I have to wait for it. Definitely cheaper than the dealer. Dealer wanted $625 . The Random cat was $189.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts