Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but he already has an import and we arent rich by any means...so we gotta stick to what we got...

imports look better IMO anyways

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
i say do it that way when poeple say oh its just a 240....you rev it and it sounds freakin awsome!!! haha

Jake

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
300 ft/lbs of torque stock. cant argue with that heh. although you might lose a little torque with that custom upper intake manifold. that shouldn't be too big of a deal though. after all, you dont really need all 300 ft/lbs when its not in a 3300+ lb mustang. i have some holley systemax2 aluminum heads for a 5.0 too sittin in my storage -=]

·
Safe Sex
3,228 Posts
i've seen on pinks the dude who did the ls1.. i say do it right the 1st time... go ls1 or if you wanna be really cool with it go q45 engine cheaper and it will be a pure nissan

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well he's pretty set on that 5.0 .....

he hasnt done any domestic engine work in like 13 years when he put a 5.0 in a bmw

so, this shall bring back fun memories...

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
burningsquirrels said:
don't do the 5.0, outpower it with a stock LS1.

and do a twin turbo setup with that then.... :naughty:

it doesn't matter... either way though just have fun with what you do....

personally i think you should do an RB swap....

·
USPSA M/Pro
5,128 Posts
i was at i4ne and saw a 240 with some skyline motor, rb26det? how much does that motor weigh? I know a complete LS1 crate motor, intake to oil pan, is 370 lbs.

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
burningsquirrels said:
i was at i4ne and saw a 240 with some skyline motor, rb26det? how much does that motor weigh? I know a complete LS1 crate motor, intake to oil pan, is 370 lbs.

but a skyline motor will own a V8 in terms of upgrades...

·
Registered
961 Posts
DragonEye said:
meh, power band is better on a skyline..

Meh? Fanboi right there^^^^^^. A complete 5.0 swap can be done for less than just buying the rb motor. If I were to swap in a heavy inline six, I'd do a 24 valve cummins diesel. 700hp and 1100 ft/lbs of torque.

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
phxg20 said:
Meh? Fanboi right there^^^^^^. A complete 5.0 swap can be done for less than just buying the rb motor. If I were to swap in a heavy inline six, I'd do a 24 valve cummins diesel. 700hp and 1100 ft/lbs of torque.

no its not that im an insane fanboi or something... although i am, i'm keeping practical drivability in the mix here too, i dont know where you live so i dont know what kind of weather you have to deal with... but i drove a 240SX all winter once and i probably wont do it again unless its just for fun....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts