Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:crosseyed when I crank me car up it makes a rattling noise for about 2 seconds and goes away and when I'm at a stand still I can hear it rattling a little bit. do the valves need adjusting or what?

·
Registered
430 Posts
yeah at start up the oil pressure needs to get to the tappets and the valves and stuff all my cars do it. fords mazdas and my g al do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rattling noise

well actually you have to get a special type of oil filter that has a release valve in them so that when you turn the engine of the oil wont drain out because of how the filter is positioned, I learn that from the nissan dealer and your right it's popular in mazdas and fords and other cars, but it stop for a while then it started back so I was thinking the time chain or the valves need adjusting

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
There is nothing special about the oil filter. All oil filters listed for our cars have anti-drainback valves in them, no matter who the manufacturer is. Nissan does not make oil filters. They have oil filter companies make them for them. Just use a name brand oil filter that is listed for your car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah I know they don't make them but I would rather get mines from the dealer ship where I know for a fact that it's made for my car

·
Registered
430 Posts
sometime a small shop or even a parts store will know the better parts for your car than the dealer. dont always trust the dealers. plus parts stores are cheaper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the only thing I get from a dealer ship is my oil filter or a hard to find bolt the rest come from my part time job at Auto Zone where I get my almost good :-\ 10% discou

1 - 8 of 8 Posts