Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure someone else on this board has a white p10 with that god-awful brown-on-caramel interior. i was thinking about trying to redesign the whole thing, little by little, starting by repainting the dash and door panels. i was thinking of going blue-on-white or something to more closely match the pearl white outer paint

any ideas or tips regarding interior painting?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh

yes, it is very unnatractive

any tips on painting interior? i know people who use regular spraypaint, but i have a feeling this wouldnt last under the hot burning inferno called the sun.

if there are other ways, what are they?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooooooooooooooh

ooooooooooooooh...where might i find such a product? expensive?

also, i wanted some input on what color scheme i should go with
(white P10)

dark blue with white accents? (blue primary, white little things)
black with red accents?
blue with yellow?

any other ideas?

i was thinking blue on white. from there i would start on the outside with navy blue as well (black molding around perimeter of car, door handles, G20.net sticker) only light accents, nothing ridiculous.

for the carpet, i was thinking of just ripping it out. if the frame under the carpet is white like the rest of the car, i'll just leave it and affix blue rubber matting or something, to sort of lightly touch on the "gutted out" look. im sure all that carpeting weighs a bit too.

too long of post, end now

·
Registered
343 Posts
you should technically use proper interior spray but when I went to buy some it was £15 a can and you needed precoat, colour and top coat, all £15 a can..... I'm not paying that much so I just used soem enamel paint called plasticote instead, at £6 you cant go wrong, I guess it will scratch easier but its ok so far!!

Kev

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aww

i hoping that was a link to where i could find some interior dye, heh. im about to go fool around with the carpeting. i'll post results.

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
yes....

.and I'm even more curious about longer term wear.. how will it look in 30 days? 3 months? 6 months? 1year.... Actually, if it holds up through temperature extremes for about 3 months, I think it will be a good product to recommend!

I'd love to change my interior! ...not white though.. I think it would cause too much glare if you ask me... but I'd go something more traditional and 'boring' I guess like dark blue, dark red, black, dark gray... ANYTHING normal that isn't brown - LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the plan is to paint all large parts of the interior navy blue, and smaller things (ac vents, cd face, center area of door) white. i will probably eventually save for new seats, although they are faaaar away from my checkbook. the only thing left that i can't do by myself would be the rear bench. i'll probably have to get that redone in something that goes with the front seats.

i'm hoping that removing the carpeting will cut down on weight as well, although that might increase cabin noise by 80000 percent.

as long as any more noise is tolerable, and the carpeting weighs anything, i'll just deal with it.

i almost like the idea of being able to hear my engine better.

...back to searching for paints and figuring out how this pops off of that...

:smoke:

·
Registered
343 Posts
dude!

Keep the carpet man or at least replace it with some coloured fabric, you need to have some refinement!!!

I really dont think that carpet is going to make too much difference to the weight of your car either but I could be wrong!

Kev

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
also...

if you are looking at weight savings and don't care about cabin noise.. take out the back seats... then you can always remove the spare donut (but know your without a spare).. maybe replace it with a bottle of gue that fixes flats...

...and you can take out the airbags and change to a lighter steering wheel.. change the front seats to lightweight ones... you can do all sorts of stuff to cut down on weight inside the cabin before worring about the actual carpet!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the carpet would be replaced with a thin rubber matting, so save everyone from seeing a bare floor. ive driven without back seats during speaker installation, that was a little loud, heh.

plus i like having some extra space for more people

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Re: heh

95_g20_P10 said:
yeha that brown is one UGLY interior thank god mine is black:cheeky:

WolfInSheepsClothing said:
yes, it is very unnatractive

any tips on painting interior? i know people who use regular spraypaint, but i have a feeling this wouldnt last under the hot burning inferno called the sun.

if there are other ways, what are they?

Hey man, Brown is cool!:p when ur car is champagne like mine(hehehehe)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts