Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I did a good clean up job on my P11, (Top & bottom motor wipe out) & upgraded my oil filtration system ......Replenished my lube system with Amsoil 10W40 ......... I had a oil analysis done after 300 miles & they basically told me that my sillicone kevels were too high & to change the oil :( ....... I came to the conclusion that given the cost of the oil..... I'd ignore that lil bitta info .................. as my current records are somwhere on my Hdd (Dunno where) .......... I thought now is a good time to just have some more info looked at on my SR20 ........ I'm currently awaiting Blackstone labs to post me a sample kit & a pump to save me the issue of actually sucking the oil thro the dipstick hole in to a jar ......... That was hard work I can tell yas :bandit:

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pmaadani said:
It is far cheaper to change the oil even less than 3k than having these tests done!
If the object of your exercise is purely to spend as little as possible, you may be right.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/ (Bout $20)

·
Registered
233 Posts
pmaadani said:
It is far cheaper to change the oil even less than 3k than having these tests done!
True...but at the very least, it helped dispel the '3k or 3 months' myth.

IIRC you can go easily twice that, even on plain old dino juice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts