Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Errr well from the looks of it I DOUBT its a real POP charger!... the surface of the adapter looks rather flat unlike the design of the JWT "venturi" adapter which has special grooves that aid airflow. The price isn't alot either so I'm sure that the air filter isn't very good either... K&N's alone are about 40 - 50$$$ but hey for 29.99 you can probably get yourself a pretty inexpensive WAI although some elongating of the mounting holes might be needed considering that the adapter was made to fit an altima!

If you want a cheap, inexpensive airfilter solution for your G do what i'm doing for now... bid on an airfilter from ebay (no link needed b/c they are always being sold, just search for it under "g20") it comes with a MAF adapter that fits and a cheap little airfilter... all for about 20-30$ with S&H

·
Registered
130 Posts
"If you want a cheap, inexpensive airfilter solution for your G do what i'm doing for now... bid on an airfilter from ebay (no link needed b/c they are always being sold, just search for it under "g20") it comes with a MAF adapter that fits and a cheap little airfilter... all for about 20-30$ with S&H"

Yes, exactly what I got, hey g20turbo, did you already bid for yours? I have one for cheaper than ebay. The only prob I had with those is that the adapter doesnt fit very well, I got it to fit, but the holes dont line up very well.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
seems like...

To be honest with you guys, when it comes to the MAF adapters, it's not the "Ebay" ones that don't fit... I've seen alot of people on this forum complain about how the adapters they got never have the holes alined... I ordered mine from PPSPerformance and I still had the same problem... I think it's the aftermarket ones in general... but if you play around with them and use small enough screws/nuts (NOT the original screws that come with the MAF) you should be fine ... or you'll have to cut open the holes... but who wants to go through all that trouble...?:knockout:

I know I didn't.............:p

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If you guys are buying them off ebay, where are you going to connect the other hose that goes into the stock airbox intake????

I sent mine back because i didn't know what to do with it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
pariawan said:
what do you think about this filter? will it fit on the G?
That's definitely not a real POP Charger.

G20Turbo said:
Errr well from the looks of it I DOUBT its a real POP charger!... the surface of the adapter looks rather flat unlike the design of the JWT "venturi" adapter which has special grooves that aid airflow.
A real POP Charger does not have grooves. It is shaped like the end of a trumpet - that is a venturi. It smooths the airflow past the MAF. Cheap cone filter kits probaby rob power rather than add power because they screw with the MAF's readings as a result of turbulent air flow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts