Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when it rains it pours. i have great luck for many months then i have problems. :( anyway, besides my random alarm proble, I have a really loud braking noise coming from the rear tires when I brake when in reverse. When I brake while moving forward there's a more quiet braking noise like a squeeking or braking noise - but it doesn't seem too odd, it's a little squeeky but I have heard that noise on other cars before (maybe I'm desensitized.) about two winters ago, i left my car parked on the street and we had a lot of cold snowy weather followed by warm ups then followed by cold snowy weather. I shot my brakes - they were totally rusted and seemed stuck - I could start my car, I just couldn't move the wheels. AAA came to tow me to my mechanic, but the guy got them unfused by rocking back and forth. anyway, they had to replace the rotors and the brakes and whatever else between the tire and the car that i can't see but has to do with braking. I didn't notice it before, but the car just seems really loud when I brake while going in revers. It's only been a couple years maybe less, could the brakes be going already? They aren't mushy when I brake and it's not that high pitch squeel while driving that tells you your breaks are worn out. Maybe it's just i have something stuck like a little rock? or maybe the mechanic put in the brakes wrong? or could it be a normal breaking noise? anyone else have this noise?

It sorta sounds like the post from the other day under "Noise ????" but I dunno. it only really sounds weird when going in reverse.

·
Registered
522 Posts
My 99 was doing the same thing recently, I just needed to change the rear brake pads. However, the rear pads had never been changed in the 104,000 miles I have on the car. It's possible they are going out, but they usually don't wear down much since they don't much of the braking.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
It's most likely the wear indicator rubbing, when you go in reverse. Mine did it on my first P10 and it was SUPER loud. Didn't really make a noise at all going forward, but in reverse... oh man.

If you don't brake hard, your rear brakes do a lot more work because there's less weight transfer and will wear faster than you'd expect. If you brake hard, the fronts end up going out a lot faster than the rears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts