Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright, i finished installing the rear GC's and AGX's on my p10 but when i dropped it, it sat about 3 1\2 inches off the fender... not positive on what i did but, (embarisingly) i think i sat the spring on top of the post in the middle of where the stock spring would sit (that circle plate thing). Does anyone have any pictures of the assembled GC's on AGX's or any advice to help me correct this situation?? I take car class in the morning and i'll have about an hour to get the strut assemblies off, disasembled, corrected, and put back on the car. I can take off the struts in about 10 minutes each now, so please help me! thanks!!!

Also, if you can give me a dexription of what part goes where on the strut assemply that would really help me too

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on, help a brother out.. i gotta get some input soon, i get up early!

·
Registered
199 Posts
What is the length and rate of your springs and where do you have the spring perch located. You might have to lower the perch to its lowest level. I had the link to pictures saved on my main computer but unfortunately it's down right now. I'm using my older computer right now. It should be somewhere in this forum, try using the search function. If I find it, I'll post it hear.

Joe

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What is the length and rate of your springs and where do you have the spring perch located. You might have to lower the perch to its lowest level. I had the link to pictures saved on my main computer but unfortunately it's down right now. I'm using my older computer right now. It should be somewhere in this forum, try using the search function. If I find it, I'll post it hear.
allright, i got the suggested spring lengths and rates from GC, trust me, i thought i had the things lowered way down (only about 4 threads showing from the bottom to the perch) but when i took my floor jack out, the fender gap was way bigger than it is stock.

It seems to me that the threaded sleeve won't fit over that cylinder in the middle of the spring seat on the shock

i'll try and find those pics but help me out finding them too if you can. thanks, please, any more suggestions will help!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well I haven't installed mine yet but I do have the rear GC and the kyb rear shocks....but these are for a 99+ so it is different from yours....but I'm just going to take some pictures of how it should be sitting from what I've researched and read.

Awww crap my battery is low....I'll post up later tonite after I charge it up..

·
Registered
562 Posts
ok got it done...kinda....anyways imagestation is giving me trouble again with its stupid image loader crap program....anyways here it is

Link to pics of GC not fully assembled but this is pretty much how it will look...

I can't show you the upper mounts and bump stops and stuff because I haven't done that yet...because that stuff is still on my stock suspension which is still in my car....but this is how the GC should pretty much sit in the car...

If you look at the pic you notice a ring that the sleeve sits on...GC kit came with that and fits around the perch nicely....I don't know if they have this for the P10 suspension. Its only for the rears

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, update... i can't get this setup working. i don't know whats wrong. When you order these springs, you are asked to specify what type of shock you'll be using in conjunction. I said the KYB AGX's, but i think they sent me the wrong springs accidentally.... i think the other set of springs have wider diametered threaded perches so that they slide over top of the cylinder in the middle of the spring perch on the strut. Someone help me out, i need info! thanks!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info but i'm workin on the rears first, but, what part do u have to trim to get the threaded collars to slid over them??? thanks

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nx2kracer, you fuckin rock, that part where you have to dring down is my exact problem, thanks a lot man, now i can finally finish this damn setup and get it back on the road again. WOO HOO!!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the threaded collar, i couldn't get past the steel thing around the rod, the "lip" they call it in the article, i didn't know you had to grind that down.... and i went out and bought a new role of duct tape and some silicon sealer hopefully i can get this all done by saterday now that i have the tools and some good instructions. thanks everybody!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
ahhh but funny thing is...I got the wrong kit but I was looking at the diagram that GC provided and it stated that it might need to be grinded down just a tiny bit...maybe you missed that or didn't get the diagram thingy...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
naa, i got the diagram in front of me now, nothin about having to grind your struts at all... i wish they would have put that, i could be done by now

·
Registered
562 Posts
hahahahaha I feel ya man....wish the damn diagram told me that it won't fit the 99+ G20...then I wouldn't have wasted my time decompressing the the stock spring and compressing it again to put back the stock suspension....

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:*( .... still no luck, the hexagonal shaped metal lip is grinded down and my threaded collar still won't slide down onto the spring perch.... i gotta call GC back in about 20 minutes and there gonna try to walk me through what i need to do... this sucks, why didn't they just make the damn things bigger to start with????? i'll let everyone know what happens with this... i hope all this time is worth it

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Allright, update time, called GC and they said that the website i bought the coilovers from DID send me the wrong diameter threaded collar... there gonna send it out today and i should have it by tom. at 3 they said, hopefully i can get it done on friday.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GC is sending it out and i think i paid like 485 for the kit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts