Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently started to get a lot of distortion in my rear speakers but have not changed a thing on the vehicle for months now. Anyone have any ideas what it could be or previous experience with something similar? TIA!

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
Stock Speaks? Could just be blown... They get old, paper cones wear out, you know the drill.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are after market oversized 6.5" 4-way JVC speakers with a JVC headunit. I dont think the speakers would be blown as their RMS is 55W. I just can't seem to think of anything that would cause them to be so distorted aside from wiring, if that is the case I will have to rewire but I really dont want to do that right now.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have the same problem but my dad made a very good observation...I usually have my cell phone in my car with me and I dont really have signal out where I live so he said that the cell signal is getting caught in the wires and distorting the sound....it seems very possible because when I dont have my cell phone or am driving in town I never hear or notice the distortion. I might be wrong but its a possiblity....I also have aftermarket speakers and this happens

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had the same problem but with the factory installed speakers, just like G-ealousy said it was the foam around the cone was gone and the cone was just hitting the metal sides of the speakers.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i may have a solution for you..i have 6.5 pioneers all around and i noticed every once in a while i would hear distortion from the back when a certain freq hit..so i sat back there and played around with my laptop and figuered out that the rear speakers received more power than the ones in the front..i have a pioneer headunit..so i moved the balence half way up to the front..so i get equal sound (or what seems to be) from both the front and the back..problem solved..try that out it couldnt hurt..you may not have to do it half to the front i just did mine taht way cuz it sounds good..but distortion gone..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts