Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.

So my car is in the shop right now getting hooked up with a system. I initially was going with JLA all around, but have changed my setup.

I was going to stick with the STOCK rear and front speakers for the time being, but it seems the REAR speakers aren't holding up with the system. The FRONT speakers are doing fine however. I was told the REAR speakers are different from the FRONT speakers, can anyone verify this?

So my question is.. what kind of REAR speakers should I be looking at or would be the best with the setup I have now, which is;

PIONEERDEH-P9400 (deck)
2 12" JLA subs
Rockford Fosgate 800 2 chan amp powering subs
Rockford Fosgate 200 4 chan amp

Any input would be greatly appreciated, hopefully before tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The rear speakers in my P11 hatch are only 100mm wide!!! so like 4 inches, and they arent that great neither or most 4" speaker on the market. Best bet to change them, but i would concentrate on powering the fronts, and leaving the rears powered by headunit, just for rear fill. spend your money on really good JL components for the front and a good WRMS amp to power it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
hey man, i would try and keep all your front and rear speakers the same, as in manufacturer and model line. also the rear speakers aren't really that important if you want sound quality and good sound staging. some people even take them out completely and just use the money for the rear to get better speakers for your front stage.

also, if you want, cap the rear speakers and run them off the head unit and go buy some nice front components that'll be able to be bi-amped off that 4ch amp you have and run the subs off the 2ch amp. thats what i would do. just an idea.

other companies to consider:

Boston Acoustics
Focal
MB Quart
Image Dynamics

·
Registered
522 Posts
When I took my speakers out, they looked identical. Think they were all 6.5" 2-way speakers.

I put a pair of Fosgate 6.5" 2-way in the rear, and the same in the front. Also added a pair of Fosgate tweeters in the door panels in the front. Two 10" Infinity Kappa Perfect subs in the rear.

With roughly 1000W, on paper anyways, you definetly want to add a cap to your system to reduce some strain on the battery. I am using about 750W with a 1 farad cap and everything works like a charm.

·
Registered
522 Posts
No, I just sold my old system on eBay and the speakers were all the same size. Have a picture at my computer at home, can get it on here later.

Also, when I bought my speakers, I bought four 6.5" speakers. All of which dropped in nicely. =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd Personally choose either :

1. Mb Quartz
2. Polk Audio
3. Eclipse

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well, I guess I already deleted the picture off of my computer. However, I do still have the boxes from the two pairs of speakers I bought and they both say 6.5" inch on them. I can get the models numbers for you if you want to verify it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts