Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called up infiniti of west chester pa. to see if i could get my recall for the fuel filler tube done. I told the guy my vin number and he "runs" it, he comes back and says its no in the system and that infiniti reuses vins after a certain amount of time. How is this even possible with search engines such as carfax ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i called the one in ardmore and it turns out that my car has already had the recall done on it for the filler tube for the gas tank and i think its leaking, i get a strong smell of gas when refueling

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
they won't replace the seemilgly malfunctioning replacement? just make a ruckus in front of potential buyers, about the 1/2 ass recall fix. they'll hook you up.

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
91redg20 said:
Ok so i called the one in ardmore and it turns out that my car has already had the recall done on it for the filler tube for the gas tank and i think its leaking, i get a strong smell of gas when refueling
I dont mean to sound like a prick but you are standing less than a foot away from the gas when your refueling.. are you sure you're just noticing this now, out of the blue? On OBII cars, you'd throw a code if the neck was leaking, I dont know about p10s tho

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 91 p10 is odb 1 i think,no im not a complete idiot i smell it while driving away from the pump and when gettin home, i only live mayb a mile from the station,

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I recon ya gonna have to get off ya ass & have a look to see if it is actually leaking your self........... :beard:

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
sounds like you were firt dealing with an idiot service writer! When the recall was performed all they do is a look see check. So if water and mud and rust got in there and sat in there for years it could still have a leak. The beat thing for you is to take off the fuel filler neck plastic cover and clean it all off and look for any other leaks.

AND YES YOUR 91 IS OBD I

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You may be overfilling your tank. Use the following procedure next time and see if the smell goes away.
Fill the tank on the fastest setting. When it clicks off, pull the trigger half way and then stop when it clicks off again. Do not attempt to put anymore gas in.
You should also check for leaking hoses, or a gas tank that is leaking only at its upper top.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
when you go to remove the cap to fill up, is there pressure releasing? if there is, that would eliminate a leak in the neck. both my p10s have an audible pressure release when i open the gas cap. if you dont hear anything, it is not necessarily a sign of a leak in the filler neck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts