Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this consumer report site that talks about recalls that the G20 encountered.

http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/67-int/1992/infiniti/g20/base/index.html

I am experiencing the same with my P10; I fill up $10-15 each time and seem to have to refill every 2-3 days, even when i follow the speed limit; perhaps its because I don't fill up completely. I noticed the article mentioned a fuel leakage problem. I was wondering if anyone can give me more information on the issue, and what can be done. :-\

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
Next time you fill up, reset the trip odometer as soon as you get back in the car. Then see what it says the time after when you fill up. That will give you the number of miles you're getting per tank, and along with the gas station receipt you can calculate mileage.

The only time you should worry is if you see fuel dripping down under your car after fueling or smell a lot of gas.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
It may be an issue then. Just take the car to an Infiniti dealership and they should check it out and do any work for free, since it's a recall. Make sure to decline any other work they want to do. I think they might give you an all around inspection though.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
That's the BMW dealership though. My mom took the Infiniti in to the local dealership a couple of years ago, and even though it was 12 or 13 years old, they still gave it a thorough inspection and washed it afterwards, and they gave her a nice new G35 loaner while it was in the shop. Infiniti dealerships care about their customers a lot more than BMW ones do.

My mom almost got a BMW 325xi to replace the Infiniti last winter but decided against it when the dealer wouldn't cut her a very big break because "It's a BMW and they're better than cars from other companies so they're worth more." She ended up getting an Audi A4, partially because the dealer was much more accommodating (good attitude during the sale, willing to go low on price, willing to drive a car down from Upstate NY because it had all the options she wanted and none of the ones she didn't). But it was also because the Audi was a somewhat better car (better safety, better fuel economy, better interior, better clutch/shifter, etc.).

In case anyone's wondering she got a 2.0T quattro 6-speed manual, silver with gray leather, wood trim, and the Premium Package. Nice car. She won't let me drive it though, even with her in the car. :(

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
I know! I'll see if I can remember to get some pictures over Christmas...

·
Registered
593 Posts
the audi's are nice my freind has one its called an s4 its twin turbo 6 speed all AWD but she has trouble with it alot. the parts are real expensive to.i still beat her with my bmw tho no problem, and no i dont win couse she is a girl couse ive raced her car with variuos ppl driving.the car feels great out on the highway but for a drag car its just not any good for.

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
gomd3 said:
I wonder if they'll give me part so i can install it. I dont like anyone touching my car but me
any recall or warentry work can only be done by a cirt. nissan/infiniti tech.
hereh this might help everybody............

INFINITI G20 YEARS AND HOW MANY RECALLS IT HAS. (glad to own a p11 :p :p )

2002 = 0
2001 = 0
2000 = 0
1999 = 0

1996 = 1
1995 = 3
1994 = 4
1993 = 3
1992 = 2
1991 = 2

All you have to do is call your local infiniti dealer with your VIN number and they can tell you if it needs to be done or if it's been done.

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
citystreetsbimmer said:
the audi's are nice my freind has one its called an s4 its twin turbo 6 speed all AWD but she has trouble with it alot. the parts are real expensive to.i still beat her with my bmw tho no problem, and no i dont win couse she is a girl couse ive raced her car with variuos ppl driving.the car feels great out on the highway but for a drag car its just not any good for.
My mom's is the base turbo-4. It's about as powerful as a stock SR20DET but with less lag because it is direct-injection. Your friend has the B5 S4, which ended production after 2001. The 2.7T engine is notoriously unreliable, and older A4s in general were unreliable, but the the B7 (which my mom has) is supposed to be much better.

Incidentally, the new S4s come with a 340 hp V8 -- that's hot. Try beating that with anything less than an M3. ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
how does one know if these recalls have already been performed on the caR?

·
2,913 Posts
nut180sx said:

2002 = 0
2001 = 0
2000 = 0
1999 = 0

1996 = 1
1995 = 3
1994 = 4
1993 = 3
1992 = 2
1991 = 2

All you have to do is call your local infiniti dealer with your VIN number and they can tell you if it needs to be done or if it's been done.

please read my post :smile: :smile:

·
2,913 Posts
TXGEE20 said:
i think i remember seeing a recall for the 2000's + having to do with the rear door speaker wire shorting out due to leaky plastic covers, i wanna say when i got my carfax report...?
not to break the bad news but there are NO recalls for the p11 G20. You might be thinking of a TSB (technical service bulletin) which is not the same as a recall and are only covered under the factory warrenty.

·
Registered
599 Posts
it's an old thread, however thank you for this info as my '92 has the fuel leak due to the hose and the rear belt claps are bad. Was going to price the repair of both at a shop which may have cost me close to $600.00, thank you TurboTwenty for your URL and info as this just happened yesterday and though threads do get old, useful information when you need it never does!

·
Registered
966 Posts

2002 = 0
2001 = 0
2000 = 0
1999 = 0

1996 = 1
1995 = 3
1994 = 4
1993 = 3
1992 = 2
1991 = 2

Once again P11 > P10!! :smile:

·
Registered
537 Posts
that list is wrong. nhtsa.gov

1993 = 2
1994 = 2
1995 = 2

hmmm. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm

NHTSA said:
Are there any limitations on my right to have a recalled vehicle remedied at no charge?
Yes. There is a limitation based on the age of the vehicle. In order to be eligible for a free remedy, the vehicle cannot be more than 10 years old on the date the defect or noncompliance is determined......
hahaha fail. for 99-00 nhtsa lists infinity(qx4)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts