Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type do i use can i get the stuff from walmart to do it with thanks for any help

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
man i used to work for an ac company, so i know a little about this. if your car is a 91 then you can't get r12 refrigerant new anymore, it's against the law to produce. there are shops that recycle it and they can put it in. you can't do it yourself unless you are freon certified and have some gages. oh well good luck.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I have a 92, and got my A/C converted at Jiffy Lube for like a hundred dollars. Now I take R-134A and my own fill-ups.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Maybe care to give us a little step-by-step of how u recharge your system and what tools you use? Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
P10 WRC said:
man i used to work for an ac company, so i know a little about this. if your car is a 91 then you can't get r12 refrigerant new anymore, it's against the law to produce. there are shops that recycle it and they can put it in. you can't do it yourself unless you are freon certified and have some gages. oh well good luck.
The average Joe can't get it, but someone with a license can. We sell it every day. It's pretty expensive of course. I think it's still being produced.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
no it's not being produced which is why it costs so much, since the stuff you buy is recycled. first thing you should do though is determine why you need more. freon dosent just go down over the years, it's a closed system so there has to be a leak for you to lose it. you don't need a liscence to buy it just a type 1 certification, which is pretty easy to get, all you will need then is some gages, and a freon tank. btw freon is the second most smugled item from mexico, behind drugs of course

1 - 6 of 6 Posts