Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dude, your bed is a car..
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 99 G20t And I'm Interested In Purchaseing 18' Wheels For My Car And I Was Wondering If Anyone Has A Good Rec. On Tire Sizes For The Wheels. The Car Is Still In The Oem Ride Hight. I May Lower It Later But Not Sure How Much. I Read Tire Size Of 215/40/18 And 225/40/18 Wich Size Would Be Better. What Spacer Size Would Be Recomended For Each Or The Tire Size In Case I Decide To Use Them.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
A 40 series tire will ride very hard, and will be prone to wheel damage. Other members have posted that they were not happy with such a low profile tire. You may want to do a little searching.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I plan on running 215/50/17 this will give me aprox a 107mm sidewall minus rim lip should be very streetable. however it will take be from the stock 25 inch overall diameter to about a 25.5 dia. I've read that some owners were running 25.2 dia up to 225 size tires so i believe my combo should work. its all about the offset baby! umm and how much you lower it.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i had a 205/40/17 and they rode smooth until i wrecked :p

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the info on the wheels.

Size:18in xyz7.5Silver 4:114.3,, Offset:45mm

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
My preference is 17's over the 18's, unless your roads are smooth as an ice rink. Even my 17's vs my stock 15's feel rough, I can't imagine 18's. And Denver's roads aren't even that bad...

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you guys think is better going 17" and not 18"
I want to go with 18" cuz the car would look nice. but what do you guys recomend???
I'm really lost here...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
what suspension you going with? 18s do look great but i hate running on rubber bands. you also have to consider if you can afford to replace a rim everytime a pothole catches you off guard on the road

·
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, if i go with the 18" then i would stay with stock suspension for less then a month or so. then i will lower the car.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
how low? 1.5? 2? 3? you should decide before you get a large wheel combo. if your going to go the spring and shock route its about 1.5 and should put you right above the tires. i'd still consider 215/45/18 if ride comfort isnt high on your list. then you might want some small spacers. dont really know im new to this too. I say go for it and let us know if it works :)

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
seriously, just get what you want or else you will be kicking yourself in the ass later. Im on 18's right now and love it. People are dumped on 18's with no rubbing issues due to the fact that they've rolled their fenders. Same goes for 17's. P11Gdub is on 17's and his shit is dumped. Cryss is on 18's and his shit is dumped. All on your preference bro. You want 18's get them. SD has some fucked up streets. Ive hit potholes so hard it felt like my tires popped but I have no dents. Rolling on 40 series tires feels so much better than rolling on 35's that for damn sure. 45's I think will look kinda funny.

but yeah go 18 and you'll be rolling with style...being you get some nice wheels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts