Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading about the differences between the various types of tints and would like to have them installed on my car... Can anyone recommend a reputable tint shop in the Chicago area?

Thanks

BankBen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thier is a place on 63rd and Cicero Midco Tinting. The guy is kinda rude but he does a really good job!

I've been reading about the differences between the various types of tints and would like to have them installed on my car... Can anyone recommend a reputable tint shop in the Chicago area?

Thanks

BankBen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to follow up on this thread in case anybody happens to come across it later.

I ended going to a tint shop in Schaumburg Umbra, off of Wise Rd. I highly recommend this place. The owner Nino is a really nice guy and does all the work himself he has over 10 years experience working with window tints and guarantees against any fading discoloration or bubbles for as long as you own the vehicle He did a proper job on the two cars we had tinted the G20 and an XJ8

Moreover he offers great prices and discounts for multiple vehicles, he carries many brands of tints including Llumar, Sun-gard, and Global.

The experience overall was fantastic his shop is highly recommend :)

BankBen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
care to share what it cost you and what version tint you got as a reference point for the rest of us around here?
We were quoted $185 a piece for five windows [front/rear passenger, and rear windscreen], that is $185 or the G20 and $185 for the Jag. While there were many tints to choose from Nino recommended Global QDP. The color of the film was more neutral (aesthetically pleasing) than Sun-guard or Llumar which tended to appear greenish.

Initially I wanted to go either metallic or ceramic however he recommended Global QDP as it is a color stable dyed film and he assured that this film that wouldn't interfere with a radio or GPS and would not bubble or turn purple :*( In any case if the film did begin to fail, he would replace the tints free of charge.

We ended up going with 40% VLT on both vehicles. Ill post pictures of both of our vehicles this weekend.

·
brave little...
2,648 Posts
ive never heard of those tint brands. i use either 3m, dupont or diamond. those are guaranteed by the companies and the places that install them not to fade.

im curious to see how your new tint holds up, because i usually pay $220 for those brands. but $185 is a good deal. in about a year reply back and update me. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...from what I've read on http://www.tintdude.com/ I understand that 3M, Madico, and Llumar hold the majority market share for window tints in the United States. However, Global is the only manufacturer who does 100% of production in house.

Ill definitely update this tread in a year or so:teeth:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For continuity sake I wanted to upload pictures of the delivered product. Note: these picturers were taken a day or two after the tints were installed. Given I now have had these tints for six weeks they seem to be holding up very well no fading or bubbling.

The color is a a very neutral gray tone 40% all around, any blue hue seen in the glass is due to the reflection from the sky.

Images are attached below:

//BankBen

·
Used to own a P10
5,396 Posts
You have a super-clean car! I'm envious.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliment, i really do work at keeping it clean... only a strict regiment of wash, clay, polish, and glaze can do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts