Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out my car at Pictures of My car....

See how the rims are only six spoke and pretty opened....and the red PFMODIFY sticker on my rear window.....

and how I don't have a front side marker but a red rear one.

Do you guys think that spraying my brake caliper red is like stupid????

I think it'll look phat...I never thought I would actually consider this but....I think it'll look nice. But too ricey????

Your opinion matters. hahahhaha

·
Registered
306 Posts
how about a brake kit instead...

I like the look of color calipers. If/when I buy rims (yours look sharp) I may make my calipers yellow.
Look at the August Road and track. they do a brake kit comparison. Buy a front brake kit with red calipers already and paint the rear ones to match.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Not on your car. Your car looks really clean, nice and smooth. Red will really stand out on your car (if that's what you want, then go for it I guess) but I don't think it'll coordinate too well with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of painting them. If you had some huge cross drilled rotors etc etc ...yes, but on the smaller standard brakes i wouldn't bother doing it.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I would do it with your wheels and the color of the car. I also have a black 2002 G20 and once I get my wheels I might paint my calipers red as well.

BTW the VW Golf 337 has their brake calipers painted red stock and it looks really good.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I think on a black ride, yellow calipers would look nice. Red would go well too. Go for it. Having your calipers painted is better than having them look corroded. That's why I painted mine. And it's not ricey at all either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
go for black or silver on the calps

I have a deep green p10 with the calipers matching the body. Personally I think that your car would get that x-tra tight look if you matched your body or your rotors... I agree that one you get the rims that expose it all it's worth it to "spark up" the calps and rotors...

Ps. some sort of "high temp" paint -n- clearcoat is required since your calipers get HOT!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I painted my calipers red and I like it! But I have Stillen X-drilled rotors also. I don't have any pics yet, but Red with the X-Drilled rotors and 18's looks great!. I think painting it should be okay without the drilled rotors, but the rotors complete the look with the paint.:p

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Man I went on such a mission to do my brakes. The first problem was that I wanted to do them white since my rims were black and the car was white. I could not find a high temp. white spray no matter where I went. I just gave up and got reg. white spray and did it.

Secound never attempt to take apart your brakes at 12 in the afternoon in HOT ASS Miami sun...I nearly had a stroke out there...lol

But in the end Im happy with it. It really brings out the rims more esp. at night.. I would recommend to any1...

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
why dont you try the silver high temp paint....on your car it would look so much better than red. It would be really subtle and look much better than stock.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Jesus, your car almost made me ganism in my pants.. she's a bute. As for red calipers.. good for it

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm silver sounds nice too

hahahha thanx infinitilvr
hahahhaa

hmm is it difficult to put that shit on? its like 40 bucks a can right or something...but is it hard to do?

·
Registered
222 Posts
heat

wouldnt the paint keep the aluminum calipers from getting rid of heat as easy (the most endearing quality of alumium outside weight) ?, i usuly shy away from painting anything made out of aluminum .

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
o.k. on silver

I just so-happened to see a ford contour this morning with silver painted calipers.. the silver looked almost identical to the wheels and it was a very nice clean look so I'd vote for the silver but definately NOT the red!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeh...i think i'm going to go silver

but....i don't think I can do it so I gotta get it done....

any idea how much????

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my aftermarket shop will do it for 125 painted and installed and everything...

is that too much?? I have to leave it overnight too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I am known for "Mister Critics!" but in this case I have to agree to some, that painting your calipers is not ricey. I think it'd add another touch to the look of your car. Just need to choose the colour wisely. I also recommend silver paint. BTW, I think your car will look sharp if you have aftermarket pedals. Get the Razo titanium stainless steel ones. They are great and also matches your interior accents! Recommended caliper paint is G2 Caliper Brake System Paint. They are good stuffs! Way to keep your car nice and clean. Hate to see a filthy car. Well done!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx G-Loads....

Yeh I'm really contemplating whether I should do red or silver. I know silver will blend better and be more subtle but then I want the show of having red ones.

I know I gotta get pedals. I have a set in mind but just haven't gotten around to getting them. Its just one of those small things that I just keep putting off. I'm going to get the Levoc Racing Pedals sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts