Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The eGT's here in europe came with an oilcooler that is connected to the coolingsystem of the car. Dunno if you guys in the states got it too. Anyway, i was thinking what if i made a small radiator for example a heater core in front of the car and make a seperate cooling system for the oil cooler, with an electric pump to circulate the coolant. Could it be the oilcooler would be more efficient this way? I would say it does cause it doesn't use the coolant of the car anymore that can reach temperatures of 100 degrees celcius (212F). What if the seperate system only reaches for example 50 degrees celcius(122F), that should make some difference in cooling right? What's your opinion on this?

Luppo

·
Registered
755 Posts
I dont know how much effect the OE oil-cooler has. I know a guy doing some nice turbo-work to his P10 bought the oilfilterhousing off my caked DE, cause he wanted the water-to-oil cooler on top of a front monted air-to-oil cooler, si I guess it has something to say...
But I reckon for most guys, like justin say, that's not very modified, there really aint that big a need for it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts