Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

As most of you know i have been playing around with the door interior on my primera, The old material is seriously bad so I'm trying to make it look a bit better. My first attempt was with some carbon fibre look sticker and to be quite honest it looked bad, real bad.... so here is attempt number 2, Using Black Cotton instead. I'm actually really pleased with the results. I'll post a how to when I get some time but for now here is some pictures that take you through the process, they also show what materials I used. unfortunately the silver trim looks a bit white on these photos, if you have any comments I would like to hear them. Enjoy!!

http://kevinfairburn.dns2go.com/photos/default.asp?dir=New+Door+Interior&prv=y

Kev

P.S in total the materials cost only £8 (about $12), enough to do all four doors.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Beutiful job man. Looks like it came straight from the factory. Good work.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Some really nice work! That looks so much better than what was on their previously. Works real well with the Silver trim. :)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
door trim

that looks a damn good job there kev it looks pukka.I've just fitted a set of rgm eye brow spoilers and they look pretty cool to.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, I'm gonna get some of them too.. post us some pics

Kev

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
door trim

I would love to post some pics Kev but my scaner is knackered and so is my digi camera mate, take a look www.p11-gt.co.uk and take a look at kevs p11 as his has the eye brows on it(thats if you aint already seen it).

Andy.

P.S i will let you know if i seel the disc's mate

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fair doo's.

am just workin on my other doors tonight. hopefully get em all done. speaking of which I'm after a drivers door interior if you see one. ta

Kev

·
Registered
311 Posts
suddenly carbon fibre doesn't seem so important!
Damn right! Thats a classy finish, carbon would have look sooo out of place. Only problem is, i wanna copy it now..... where are my scissors....?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hehe,

go for it.

I put the back doors on tonight, its looking good, have a bit of a prob with chipping off silver paint on the joins when putting the door on but that was only on one the others are cool...I'll just respray it

Tip for ya if you do it, dont put too much glue on, if any soaks through the material it will dry very noticeabl. you will have to start all over again, I learned this on the first one :)

other than that its pretty easy

I'll do a how too someday

Kev

1 - 11 of 11 Posts