Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I've been reading on se-r.net that you shouldn't use fuel injector cleaner with nissan cars. I think mine are clogged and they did show something from Redline stating that their product won't hurt the injector. Any comments on this? Will it fuck it up more?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If your injectors are clogged then you should remove them and have them cleaned and flow tested. This is the only effective way to gauge injector performance. RC Injectors (www.rceng.com) is a great place to send them to. They're experienced with injectors and they'll give you all test results. They can rebuild the injectors there or tell you if you need new ones.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wanted to know about the Redline stuff because I really have no experience under the hood and don't want to fuck something up removing them and shipping them to RC. Unless there is a detailed website out there on how to do it. I was just looking for the easiest way to do it before I had to remove them :(.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Oh, hey yeah I hear ya. It's just that no one can really measure improvement with an injector cleaner besides,"It feels smoother" or something.

Well, my cousin says that Valvoline Synpower Fuel Injector/System cleaner worked pretty well for his Bimmer 318. He said it made it run better. :)

Redline does make good stuff though. If I were to go for one of those, Redline would be my first pick.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
wont hurt to try it at least once see if it makes a diff
but in my opinion this is like ex lax for animals and nothing more. its like having a dirty straw from a drink and trying to push your spit down the straw to clean it like new again ok i'm getting carried away
good luck man

casual

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to let you all know that the reason I want to use fuel injector cleaner is because my car is hard to start at times. Took it to the dealer and they state the fuel injector could be clogged which could lead to flooding of the engine and thats why it is hard to start. I posted this question on sr20deforum.com and someone stated to look at se-r.net. So I read and they state that the nissan fuel injectors will be ruined or something if you use fuel injector cleaner. But they did have an article from Redline and they stated it wouldn't harm the injectors. Anybody have anything further on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts