Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this the right key fob for a 2000 g???? i won it on ebay tried reprogramming it but it wouldnt work....bought a new battery & still nuttin....now i got a "?" when i insert/exit the ignition 6+ times & the hazards blink i put the key in & turn it to ACC not ON right?>? & then i should push a botton on the fob & the hazards should blink again right?? ok but they dont...& i try to redo it but for some reason i cant ge the hazards to blink again so i have to disconnect the batt & try again......has anyone else have to do that???? am i doing somtin wrong???? please help!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well, there are multiple remotes with the KBRASTU10 FCC ID. I didn't know the Model disntinction when I bought a remote on Ebay, either, and I ended up with the wrong one. The two KBRASTU10 G20 remotes on the Infiniti Remote Guide are the 7J106 (Model /) and 7J107 (Model /A). The 7J106 works for March 2000 - November 2000. The 7J107 works for November 2000 - End of production.

Infiniti Remote Guide

By the way, the remote I won on Ebay is a KBRASTU10 Model /, so it would probably work with your G. It didn't work on my '02 because I needed the model /A. (In the off chance that you have a pre-March 2000 produced 2000 G20, then you need FCC ID KBRASTU09)

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the /o1a one i dont know what month my car was made....i know its a 2000 thats it

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well, it looks like the KBRASTU10 Model / 01A is either for the I30 (w/ trunk button) or the QX4 (w/o trunk release). The placard inside the driver's door tells the birthdate of the car. I must have tried my Ebay remote about 50,003 times before I found the remote guide to see that it was the wrong one.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mack20 said:
Well, it looks like the KBRASTU10 Model / 01A is either for the I30 (w/ trunk button)
this is the one i have .....but the paper work the guy sent with the fob says its for a 2000 & up g20 also

·
Registered
504 Posts
That's strange. Of course, the seller I bought from said that the remote worked with 2000+ G20s (only part of the story) - it was a fairly risky (but cheap) purchase on my part.

I'd trust the remote guide, however - that chart appears to be an official Infiniti list. A lot of those remotes on Ebay are advertised as working with a wider range of cars than they're really compatible with - I don't know if anyone is purposefully being misleading, but that way they reach a wider number of people. I think many of them just assume that the Infiniti remotes for any given year should be compatible across the board - which may be true for some manufacturers (I don't know) but it isn't the case with Infiniti's.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
^^^ Fred, I think that may be the one that I bought but it has the trunk popper.
My car is a Y2K2 and if it doesnt re-program right I'll hook you up. D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts