Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if yall saw this on sr20forum. i just needed more assurance!

i took off my valve cover of this 99g20 i just picked up a week ago. it drives BEAUTIFULLY, but i was gonna get the VC powdercoated and change the gasket. anyways, i took it off last night and look what i see.

i am FREAKING out. i have never ever seen a motor look this bad. theres caked up oil almost half an inch in some places!!!!!!!! i cant even see the bolts ontop of the cams.

AM I ON PUNK'D? come out ashton you lengthy bastard. theres no way a car that drives so nice has been treated like this

what can i do???? i picked off a peiced of caked up oil that was about 1/2 in thick and i could do it all day, but only in places where i can reach. and if some "cakes" get down in the valve spings, well....

thank god i bought a 3 year warranty. what do you guys think??? im...in disbeleif.

and a pic of the poor girl

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
omg...looks like a fat kit just dropped his chocolate cake ALL over that. take it back and have them do something that's just unacceptable.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
how many 1000000k are on that thing?!?

im in disbelief as well. we did VC gasket like 2 weeks ago
engine has 164k on it:

good thing you got that warranty..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
67000 miles...supposively.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for the repost guys. i hate doing it. but with so much at stake, i just want as many opinions as possible

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
daaaaaaaaaaaamn. that is just nasty. makes me want to take mine off to see what it looks like...

·
WCMIII/SR2012 FLAKER
5,201 Posts
Dayum, talk about driving like 10k miles with out changing the oil... :throwup:

A buddy of mine with a 99 Sentra SE-L stopped doing his oil changes to his b14, so he would take it to some lube & tune place by his house. For almost a good year, that place did all his oil changes (every 3000/3500MI) & he later found out that they were using Quaker State & Pennzoil, so he stopped going after I showed him several threads on sr20forums & nissanmexico.org about using the wrong motor oil for the SR20DE. So he takes of the Valve Cover (BTW to paint it) & the inside look almost just the same as in the pics posted in the 1st post. Ever since that, he went back again to doing his own oil changes using Mobil-1 or Nissan's oil change (synthetic)kit, which we get at the Nissan dealer in Tijuana, Mex.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yeah that sucks but worst case scenario, just throw a new engine in.

Maybe after you put the required 1000 miles on it you accidently run it low on oil and then fill it up again once the horrible banging noises start. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if they try to play the " we dont warranty 'negligence' card", im calling a lawyer.

·
Registered
844 Posts
it looks like they only topped off the oil and never changed it. all i can say is wow......ive never seen an engine look that bad. do they still produce new sr20s? i know you can buy a new one form places like everythingg20.com for like 5 grand but do they still make them?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
andreas said theres a way to cleanit over on sr20forums... but i dont care. im not touching it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
mmm melted tootsie roll...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts