Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to change the plugs without removing the Valve Cover?

I thought I had changed the plugs before (5yrs ago) without needing to pull off the cover.

Am I just hallucinating?

·
La-illaha Il-lallah
2,034 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh, all you need is the right spark plug socket, an extension on your ratchet and just like that they will come out. Never heard of having to remove the valve cover to get to spark plugs.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yes you are hallucinating.

The spark plugs are in deep wells that go through the VC. When you remove the spark plug boot from the plug it will be obvious. You will need an extension on your spark plug socket to reach all the way down there.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aha... Thanks for jogging my feeble memory. My spark plug socket needs to go on a diet!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arrrggghhhh... :depressed

I got a 5/8 spark plug socket with the very THINNEST walls I could find (skinniest profile), but it will not fully fit into the hole on any cylinder.

I took a flashlight to peer into the "holes" for the plugs in the V/C, and notice that on each cylinder, there is a "ring" deep into each hole that is keeping my socket from descending all the way down over the spark plug.

What is going on?

Did part of the end of the cable stay put when I pulled the cables off?

I need to have a look at another SR20DE to see why I can't get at my plugs (I have changed them before with no problem).

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arrrggghhhh... :depressed

I got a 5/8 spark plug socket with the very THINNEST walls I could find (skinniest profile), but it will not fully fit into the hole on any cylinder.

I took a flashlight to peer into the "holes" for the plugs in the V/C, and notice that on each cylinder, there is a "ring" deep into each hole (about level with the insulator) that is keeping my socket from descending all the way down over the spark plug.

What is going on?

Did part of the end of the cable stay put when I pulled the cables off?

I need to have a look at another SR20DE to see why I can't get at my plugs (I have changed them before with no problem).

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
SuperblkStalion said:
dont forget to change the blinker fluid.
shit i havent done that in a while. my blinkers are getting black. i did the taillight fluid but forgot the blinkers and headlights. thanks for the reminder!

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
The funny thing is their is an exhuast bearing. that is the name fore the pivoting gasket at the bottom of the qr25 precat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts