Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SR20DE p10. i clipped a deer the other day racked my radiator support killed the radiator aniliated the headlight and crimmped the hood.. well i stripped the whole front end off and now i'm stareing at the stupied ac condenser thinking about how heavy, all the air its blocking to the engine and radiator i want to rip it all out entire AC system.. the only problem i think i'll run into is needing to buy a new diffrent size belt from the engine to the altenator. any help with this from people who know have tried and or anything... peace

·
Registered
159 Posts
I did this to my car, I believe there is a sentra belt accessory belt which was made for cars that do not have AC, it is not as wide as the belt on your car right now, but that is because it only has to pull the Alternator, not the AC. Alternately you should be able to measure the length the belt, go into Kragen or Autozone, have them look up a belt that length.

·
Banned
4 Posts
dude removing air condition it will make your car more lighter

·
Banned
4 Posts
my name is syed who is hasan?

·
Banned
4 Posts
i am confused can you check again please

·
Registered
159 Posts
There will be no negative affects, besides your health if you live in socal / midwest / texas... etc lol

The Air Conditioner pump does nothing for the engine, it merely pumps freon through the AC lines. I remember my uncle had a buick, and when he turned on the AC, it would make his car overheat because the AC sucked, and so did the weak engine.

I know that the AC Compressor alone weighs at least 30 lbs (35 if you count the 5 lbs of crud stuck to it) but the condensor and other parts also add at least 20 additional lbs to the mix. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if you chopped over 50 lbs from the weight of your car by removing it. I took out my AC, and relocated the battery to the back of the car, and added a subwoofer, I think I actually did some good in changing the way the car handled, seemed much sportier.

BTW I have a bunch of JDM parts for sale if anyone is interested, P10 JDM front bumper, fogs, sideskirts, cornerlights, sidemarkers, 2 grilles, P11 badges... (shameless plug)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts